Ended up on a drip!

mouse9210

Reaction score
I've had an awful day today...ended up spending the day in hospital on a drip....

I'd been feeling funny since yesterday, and in the night started getting braxton hicks, then they became quite painful, along with horrid bowel movements that Id been having all day yest...

Decided this morning to take the day off work, I'd hardly slept and wasn't feeling any better...my OH called work and told them I'd been having BH and wasn't coming in to which my boss replied 'oh so she isn;t actually sick then' = bloody charming woman isn;t she?!

Anyways, called the midwife who said I should pop along to the day unit at hospital to get checked out (just in case I was in labour!)...I felt this was a bit of overkill, but got my mum to take me, I thought they'd tell me I was being silly and send me home tbh!

Was in the room with the midwife when all of a sudden I fainted!! Woke to find 9 people running around the room....drip in my arm, blood presure being taken, pulse being taken, baby's heart beat being monitored, oxygen mask on my face....I was completely freaked out!!

After blood tests, 3 hours on the drip, and careful monitoring of me and baby they discharged me and I am now home (6 housr later!). Thank godness baby is fine, and I need bedrest to getmyself better. Apparently I was extremely dehydrated and my body went into 'starvation mode' - all made worse by the fact that I was having these bowel movements.

Anyways, just thought I;d share because I just knew something wasn't right, and am so pleased I listened to my instincts!

Oh dear! Glad your feeling a bit better! x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

Oh god sounds horrible! Glad you are feeling better now though xx

Omg that sounds horrible! Sounds almost like how I was feeling at the weekend, only I was vomiting too. My hubby kept saying he was gonna ring the hospital for me but I kept telling him no. If it happens again, I think I'll let him!

Hope u feel better soon x

gosh !!!! what a day u had :/ glad u r home now x

wow....glad you are better now!! Just shows, us pregnant ladies can never be too cautious! You were in the best place possible when you fainted! x

Oh no! That was a bit of a scare, so glad you were in the right place and got the right treatment. X

Thank goodness you went to hospital when you did hun! Glad you're feeling better now & thanks for sharing - I'll know what to do if I feel like this too now xxx

Thanks girls, it's so lovely to get all your messages.

I'm feeling a bit better this morning just very tired and still got diarreah too, which is what this think triggered the braxton hicks and then also the dehydration...so I'll be making an appointment to see the doctor today/tomorrow. And also to get a sick note for work.

I def felt like I was being a bit of a drama queen going to hospital, but at the back of my mind I just knew something wasn't right. It would have been a whole lot more dramatic if I had fainted at home or at work.....!!

Glad you're feeling a little better today!

See if you are able to take dioralyte in pregnancy, you can get it from the chemist. It replenishes all the minerals etc lost through diorrhea and dehydration. Tastes naff but is good stuff x

Glad you are feeling a bit better. Definitely a good reminder for me on why to keep my fluids up. I'm terrible at not drinking enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back