Emma's Diary

l_maclean

Reaction score
Grrrrr!!!

Like im guessing most of us, i signed up for quite a few of the freebies available - now i expected to get some junk emails/post etc, you know stuff i wasnt really interested in.

But i've just had a third phone call in a week from a company emma's diary has given my details to. This time it was Eon wanting to quiz me about my gas/electrics.

Im not stupid, im aware that bills are gonna go up with a new baby - but do i really want every tom, dick and harry phoning to offer me new deals - eh NO!!.

sorry for the rant.

xxx

Did u not tick the "do not bother to contact me cos I'll put the phone down on u" box? I've not had any calls from people xx

I've had eon call me as well.

What I did find particularly disturbing was (I think it was EON again actually) a phonecall from them earlier in the year congratulating me on the birth of my baby when I had miscarried!

I was furious.

I have had so many calls from 0845 286 0587, which when i looked it up online it was 'Eon.' I refuse to answer it, I've had 2 calls from emma's diary related people already -one was mobile phone and one was children books scheme in which some girl was clearly reciting a script to me about sending me 2 free books, and 2 other to try that I would then have to send back (at my expense) if I didn't want to pay for them. I said NO thanks I'll probably forget to send them! I absolutely HATE cold callers wasting my time but don't like to be rude as it's a job for them, so now don't answer if it looks like a company number!!!!! I always tick the 'don't' contact me boxes and am totally gutted if I missed this one! Drives me bonkers! I have tried to email them to say please stop these calls, but no response, it's probably too late!

Beware of this if you sign up to Emma's diary!!!, I don't even find the website very interesting to read!

I'm sure I ticked the box, but have still had calls - not from Eon, but from some company trying to sell me Disney books. I kept telling them no because I didn't think Disney books were suitable for a newborn baby, but they just kept pressurising me to buy... Grrrrrrr... Hung up on them in the end!

Yes, Poppy - that was the same book people as called me - definitely some script reading going on!!

I think its really quite terrible from a company you think is going to provide useful information.

Even the "freebies" i've signed up for from companies trying to sell you things - like the hibb baby food arent this annoying. xxx

ive had the books phonecall and i always tick the do not call me box. thing is i hardly ever answer the landline as ive only even got it for the internet so i just let the machine pick up lol. anyone who actually knows me has my mobile number and can call or text me.

I always tick the boxes for not wanting offers... might have forgotten this one time, who knows, but yeah, I've been getting a lot of annoying phone calls too! Which I was not expecting as Emma's Diary seems so "proper", since we get it from the doctor and all.. really annoying :-/

I'm glad i'm not the only one who finds it annoying.
When the Disney book lady phoned she had this patronising girly voice going on, and just said 'we've heard you're expecting a baby?' and then asked 'en are you due?' and i'm thinking who the hell are you to be calling me and asking me this??? I'm very skeptical about any cold callers, I dodge the charity people in the street as I hate dealing with them. I would never just randomly give my bank details to anyone who calls me or stops me!!

I had the same issue with Scottish power thanks to emmas diary. I was receiving about 6 calls a day mobile and home!!
In the end I said I would be calling the police as I feel harassed, I having had another call :) x

I went on the emma's diary website and sent them a feedback saying im very disappointed with the level of cold callers ive had to claim to have got my details from them. - seems that there are a lot of us thinking we must have "forgotten" to tick the box - that also makes me a bit suspcious.
xxx

i know i ticked the box. its a priority of mine and i always make sure i read the small print and check the lil boxes but they do say they get your details from emmas diary in the call. blatant cold calling

I'm also pretty certain I ticked the box as I always check the small print. If so many of us are certain we specifically asked for our details not to be passed onto third parties, then they've been a bit naughty at Emmas Diary. Not good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back