emergency trip to a&e

missac

Reaction score
Hiya - shocking evening!

Have been in pain all afternoon and rang nhs 24 when I got home and they told me to go straight to a and e so through tears and panic we drove to dundee ninewells and were seen and told to do a urine sample and they analysed it and said I had an infection. I am still worried as they didn't do a scan, they said it was common but if i was still worried to phone midwife tomorrow to get a scan which I think we are going to do!

I have not posted any symptoms as I would like anyone who has experienced this type of infection to tell me theirs so that I can compare and put my mind at rest (how weird am I!)

On a brighter note, oh was so intent on getting to hospital that he overtook a car doing 30mph in a 30 zone at 50mph - it was an undercover policecar!!!! :rotfl: and we all know what oh does for a living! - luckily the dude just flashed his blue light and carried on!!!

so...what are the symptoms...

(p.s. I am so glad I have all of you, big huggys :hug: x)

Haven't had the same thing, so I'm gonna be completely useless with that, just wanted to say.........Awww hunny :hug: :hug:

Hope you are feeling better soon, and def get the mw to book you in for another scan to put your mind at rest (& give you another peek at bubba!)......Bless you OH for speeding past an undercover copper!! :rotfl: (Don't know what he does for a living but I would hazard a guess at police officer?)

:hug:

you guess right wmmylou!! how funny :rotfl: thanks for the hugs i need them tonight! :(

missac said:
you guess right wmmylou!! how funny :rotfl: thanks for the hugs i need them tonight! :(

Here's a few more then babe :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: good luck with mw tomorrow....hope she books you in for a quick scan rather than "yes dear, we have an appointment in 3 weeks time?!?!?!?"

crikey I hope she doesn't say that!!

ooh, and sorry for calling you wmmylou :shock: !!!!!!!!!

Oooooooooooo is it a UTI? I was reading somewhere that these are really common in pregnancy, particularly the later stags. My cousin had one a month or so before her baby was born. Tilly is now 5 and doing really well! No idea what your hubby does - is he a traffic warden? Let us know how you get on :hug:

he is a poilceman!! will let you know when the scan is x

I had a UTI at 10 weeks & had NO symptoms at all. I didn't even know until the doc phoned & asked me to come to the pharmacy to pick up some antibiotics!

I would call the MW... even if all's well you may get to see the baby again!

I had a UTI (onlu mild) I had really sharp pains in my nether reions especially when I walked, oh and smelly wee wee, which OH loved no end it was him who told me to go to Dr's actually cause I was just waiting for it to pass but he goes ''can you go to the DR's were going away with my dad and bro next month, I dont want them thinking your a pissy pants and dont wash''

lovley hey!

Glad everything worked out ok and :rotfl: at overtaking a copper

missac said:
he is a poilceman!! will let you know when the scan is x

Of course lol :)

*keeps fingers crossed for scan* and hope you get a scan very soon!

maybebaby said:
P.S. Mmm, men in uniform!!!!!

he is rather handsome in his uniform!!!!!

my symptoms sound a lot like that jennywren, aint it grand!!!!?

missac said:
my symptoms sound a lot like that jennywren, aint it grand!!!!?

oh aye its bloody wonderfull is this pregnancy lark :think:

Oh missac! :hug: :hug:

hope you're feeling a little better now :hug:

You take care, put your feet up and relax :sleep:

Make sure OH looks after you!

Hope m/w goes ok and she manages to get you a scan!

Take care! :D

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: hope your feeling better soon hun xxxx

missac said:
crikey I hope she doesn't say that!!

ooh, and sorry for calling you wmmylou :shock: !!!!!!!!!

I'm sure she won't....sorry I really didn't mean that to worry you babe ?! :wall:

Also, don't worry about the 'wmmylou' I've been called worse, stick to 'Em' if you like - its easier to type x :lol:

I had a uti when i was 32 weeks with Aimee. I had no symptoms apart from cramping pains. I thought i was going into labour. Luckly i was in hospital at the time with my bp so it got picked up. Hope everything goes well for you.

Ahh hun I know exactly how you feel, the same thing happened to me yesterday and scared the cr*p out of me :shock:

I had a midwife appointment on Friday and she said I may have an infection and was going to send my wee away for testing, but I was not to worry (I'm a real worry wart) as it was very common in pregnant women.
Anyhoo, yesterday I went with my mum to visit my granddad in Sussex. I had an on/off dull ache, just to the left of my belly button for most of the day, but on the 2 hour journey home, it became a strong constant pain that was tender to the touch. Cr*pped myself as the baby wasn't moving that much, compared to normal.
Phoned my doctor (my midwifes phone was as always on answerphone :x ) who said come down straight away. He listened to the babies heartbeat, which was fine :D and tested my wee again. Turns out I have an UTI, which can cause stomach pain, so has put me on a course of antibiotics. I've got to put my feet up (I don't need telling twice! :wink: ) and if the pain was still here when I woke up this morning (which it wasn't) I was to go back, but fingers crossed its all looking good!

Good luck today with your scan :hug:

I have had a few Uti's in the past although not since pregnant..i got pains in my stomache and a burning sensation when weeeing and it made my bits very sore.

Hope your feeling better
Tc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back