• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Emergency scan

Sassyminx

Reaction score
on monday had an appointment with midwife, and was pretty excited as knew itd be first time to hear the babies heartbeat :cheer:

laid on the floor and as she had brought a student midwife, let her try and find little ones heartbeat, anyway after 5mins she wasnt having any joy, much to my annoyance and disappointment!
midwife took over, and was having a bit of trouble too, ended up trying to find it for 20mins :shock:

by this time i was getting a bit chewed up and she told me i would hav to go for an emergency scan just to make sure everything was ok :(

as soon as she left i burst into tears, had to wait an hour and go to hospital, i was really thinking the worst, and pretty bloody scared! think Lee was a bit :? too but he was trying to keep me smiling bless him

went for scan and as soon as the sonographer put the scanning thingy on my tummy could see baby happily beating away, ive never been so relieved in my life! has grown a lot since 3 weeks though, looked like a total proper baby in more normal proportions now, and it meant i got an extra scan :D

never had that before though, was really bloody scared!!! i think its a boy cos its being awkward :shock:

Oh my lord what a worry!!

Im glad everything turned out to be ok, at least they did the right thing and gave you an emergency scan.

Fingers crossed thats the last scare you get hun :hug:

Oh dear! Id hate that!!! Afer that id have to buy a doppler!
Mind u.. i already have! :oops:
Glad alls well and yeah.. i agree could be a lil monster of a boy lol, but maybe a diva of a girl?? LOL!!
Anyways, glad s/he is okay!!
:hug: :cheer:

I would of been crapping myself, glad all has turned out well and you got to see your LO again that must of been lovely :D

I bought a doppler, I listen in twice a week and he's sooooo easy to find. Dont even need a full bladder anymore. Worth every penny those things :)

On my doppler says you can hear from 12 weeks but I know a lot of the girls had the same problems on here and could not hear properly until about 14-16 weeks

Yeah, unless u spend like £200 to hear them at 10 weeks lol

oh my word hun must have been awful for you what a relief to know all is ok xxxxxxxx

Hi hun,

sorry you had a scare, it isn't nice at all and it is very scary!!!

I am glad all is ok and you got that extra scan, nothing is like that feeling when you see your baby on the screen and all is well is it?!

Take care babe xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back