• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elective Section Hospital Bag

Becky

Reaction score
Ok so I'm going into hospital for an elective section tomorrow. I've had my hospital bag packed for ages but as I've been hoping for a VBAC it's packed for labour. I'm going to have a look at it again today and was wondering if anyone had any ideas that would be useful for the change of plans.

So far all I can think about is adding a book to read...

Thanks!

i would imagine it is pretty much the same but you wont need a tens if you have one.
Good luck hun :hug:

make sure you have big knickers which will come up over the scar for after, mint tea (for trapped wind) was a godsend for me after the section!
good luck. x

bex said:
make sure you have big knickers which will come up over the scar for after, mint tea (for trapped wind) was a godsend for me after the section!
good luck. x

I was going to say the same.. i'm still in the big knickers even now!! and god the wind.. there were 3 of us who had had a section on the ward and the trumping at night!! lol

hmmmm... I remember it very well!!! and nobody warned me!

Haha I remember the wind!! I'll have to send OH out for tea! I've got plenty of big knickers and I'm going to pack some loose trousers. Just trying to think of anything I'll need for a couple of days while I'm stuck in hospital... I know I'll be looking after baby but can't think if I should take anything extra...

Lots of chocolate and treats for you! :wink:

take extra pads because if your knickers are rubbing you can put them on the wound to protect it. good luck its so exciting now for you to know its so close :hug: :hug: :hug:

So it wasnt just me! I could have flown myself home I had that much wind after my section !

nori said:
bex said:
good luck. x

I was going to say the same.. i'm still in the big knickers even now!! and god the wind.. there were 3 of us who had had a section on the ward and the trumping at night!! lol

haha, it was like that on the ward i was on too! my OH couldn't stop laughing when he came to visit.
big knickers are a must, lots of pads too.

because mine was an emergency c-section i hadn't packed any big knickers! had to send my mum home to pick some up for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back