Eggy!

loz

Reaction score
Has anyone got any good egg based recipes for an 8 month old with no teeth?!! I have tried giving Emms bits of omellette, but she has just played with it and dropped it. I am thinking I would need to blend it up but I cant think of a good way to do an eggy puree!!

Any ideas?

mashed up boiled egg with a bit of butter to mix it?
scrambled egg?

Whats wrong with a plain fried egg or scrambled egg? I've given Galen both in the past few weeks and he's munched his way through both sorts. He loved the fried egg (done in a tiny tiny bit of olive oil and then drained on some kitchen roll) and I just cooked it through, cut it into strips and left him to it. With the scrambled egg I just made sure I didn't over stir it when cooking so the bits were bigger and easier to pick up and served it with toast.

I preferred giving him the frieg egg first so he could taste both the yolk and egg white apart and not have his first taste of egg all mixed together. He managed to eat both well with his hands.

At 8 months I'd have thought there should not be a need to blend up egg as its soft enough anyways.

i thought they are not supposed to have a runy yolk???

Ellie loves omlette, I cook it then melt cheese on it and kinda roll it so its thicker then cut it into slices :) Scrambled egg is also a good one but like Sherlock said dont stir so much that the the lumps are bigger so more to get hold of :) x

1sttimemum said:
i thought they are not supposed to have a runy yolk???

I said I cook it through so its solid yolk not runny when he eats it :) Still gives him the difference in flavours.

Shop bought eggs are from hens that are vaccinated also. Our own hens are not and I don't give Galen eggs from them so buy free range organic ones from the local shop to be on the safer side.

Thanks guys - my problem with giving chunks of soft stuff like egg to Emms is that she squashes it in her hands and drops it and nothing goes in the mouth! I would love to be able to give her strips of egg but it doesnt seem to work yet.

The scrambled egg is a good idea though and maybe egg mayonnaise. I will have to have a go. I also find that if I give her strips/ chunks of stuff she pukes it up along with everything else she has had recently and is then hungry again!

I have opted for the mashed or pureed stuff because of that and not much going in her mouth. I do give her some finger foods such as rice cakes, toast, potato and organic baby corn snacks as they dissolve very easily. Lots of people have said to me there is no rush with all this food business and that we can get very stressed with it, I know I do.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Galen squishes stuff up also and often more ends on the floor (or in the dog) than in his tummy. But I figured to just let him have a go anyways :lol: I guess I am lucky in that he took to solid food from the first try and although he has to get his pincer grip working he more or less manages everything we put in front of him, even if half ends on the floor :lol: :roll:

If she can manage toast what about eggy bread instead? That won't break up and is easier to handle.

Sherlock said:
Galen squishes stuff up also and often more ends on the floor (or in the dog) than in his tummy. But I figured to just let him have a go anyways :lol: I guess I am lucky in that he took to solid food from the first try and although he has to get his pincer grip working he more or less manages everything we put in front of him, even if half ends on the floor :lol: :roll:

If she can manage toast what about eggy bread instead? That won't break up and is easier to handle.
Yes, I think I need a big sheet on the floor or something!

Sorry to be dense but how do you make eggy bread - is it the same as scrambled egg on toast?! :oops:

loz said:

Sorry to be dense but how do you make eggy bread - is it the same as scrambled egg on toast?! :oops:

I beat an egg and then pour it into a small flat dish and soak a slice of bread in it (both sides) then lightly cook in a frying pan (olive oil or non stick pan etc). Cook till lightly golden brown on both sides and then cut into strips and serve.

Hopefully if she can manage strips of toast she'll be able to manage this :)

Sherlock said:
loz said:

I beat an egg and then pour it into a small flat dish and soak a slice of bread in it (both sides) then lightly cook in a frying pan (olive oil or non stick pan etc). Cook till lightly golden brown on both sides and then cut into strips and serve.

Hopefully if she can manage strips of toast she'll be able to manage this :)
Thanks will have a go :hug:

Yay eggy bread was a winner this morning! :cheer: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back