meal ideas and self feeding!

Sage

Reaction score
I no this topic has been posted a thousand times probably but im just looking for some inspiration as for new meal ideas for my little monster.

Hes not too fussy and is totally off puree now ( :cheer: ) what are your LO's fav recipes?

EDIT: Also when did u start gettin them use to a spoon? ive tried a couple times but ky ended up wanting to play with the spoon and wasnt interested in his dinner at all! Ive tried putting it on the spoon but he just waved the spoon and it went everywhere! is it too soon to try or shall i jsut keep going.....with an umbrella next time! :lol:

Hi, you should definitely look in the BLW blog thread as there is a load of inspiration in there for you to try!

James is younger than your ds so im not sure about starting to use a spoon but ive ordered some cutlery that has suckers so they can practice without flinging them off the highchair. Wont help the food stop flying off them but i figure at least it will save my back from picking them up off the floor 42 times per meal!!!

know you're not doing BLW but the thread might give you some good ideas for foods. Cally is getting there with the spoon, still messy though lol

yeh heles7 i really wanted to take up the BLW approach but it didnt work for kyran to just exclusively give him finger foods. He wouldnt eat anything for months just threw it on the floor. now we've started back on spoon feeding hes eating fine and he'll entertain the odd bit of finger food.

I find it really hard on the days he comes back from nursery. we dont get home until 6pm and the last meal he had in nursery was tea at 3pm which is just sandwiches and fruit so he needs a meal when i get in but its hard as hes knackered and wants to get ready for bed at 7. I just need some quick ideas for those nights mainly. I really kinda want him having a meal rather than just 'bits'.

Sage said:
yeh heles7 i really wanted to take up the BLW approach but it didnt work for kyran to just exclusively give him finger foods. He wouldnt eat anything for months just threw it on the floor. now we've started back on spoon feeding hes eating fine and he'll entertain the odd bit of finger food.

I find it really hard on the days he comes back from nursery. we dont get home until 6pm and the last meal he had in nursery was tea at 3pm which is just sandwiches and fruit so he needs a meal when i get in but its hard as hes knackered and wants to get ready for bed at 7. I just need some quick ideas for those nights mainly. I really kinda want him having a meal rather than just 'bits'.

could you get a slow cooker and bung everyhting in it in the morning then when you get in a nice meal is ready for you all

sorry if that sounded like you should try blw, i just mean that in the thread there are a lot of ideas for meals even if you don't offer them as finger food. James and I are doing a sort of 'lead each other weaning' with about half his meals baby led and half mummy led and I find that cooking lots at the same time works for me so i might give him some meat n veggies in finger form after cooking, putting some aside to warm the next day and then mash some up for the freezer. I take a portion out the day before I plan to give it him and just warm it through. Would that work for you?

Although Im not yet working or taking LO to nursery i can imagine how knackered you are and not supprised you want quick easy meals. Do you get any time where you can do a big cooking session to set you up for a few days? I had a good afternoon with James where he was behaving nicely and had a couple of good long naps so made myself busy in the kitchen and I roasted a joint of gammon for that nights dinner and as the oven was on anyway, prepared a lamb stew for later in the week and also had some minced meat that was needing to be cooked or frozen that day so made a chile con carne.

I'm sorry ive totally babbled on but in short, i try and make it easy for myself by always cooking far more than i will need and end up with anywhere between two and six complete baby meals whenever i cook something thats suitable for LO from chile and curry to pasta with cheese or tomato sauces and more traditional meat n veggie dinners.

If I forgot to take anything out of the freezer I tend to serve stuff like pitta, falafel (deli section in supermarkets rather than homecooked) n houmous or pitta breads or potato cake grilled with tomato n cheese n a bit of salad stuff.

End of babble... sorry again :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back