Ectopic or 2nd m/c ? Very low rising HCG in 2nd conception after one m/c

married5yrs

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first post.
I conceived 2nd time after a painful first m/c. This time LMP was 11/18/2013 and it's been 6 weeks with pregnancy.
Got my HCG tests done - they are rising very minimally and not doubling at all:

12/21/2013 (4 weeks 5 days after LMP) = 214
12/25/2013 = 360
12/30/2013 (6 weeks after LMP) = 470

Got one u/s (both abdominal and TVS) done on 12/28 and nothing is seen inside.Both Uterus and tubes are empty.
Also all my pregnancy symptoms that I had in starting of pregnancy have faded now - not feeling hungry,tired etc.

My doctor thinks that it could be either ectopic pregnancy or normal uterine pregnancy which is failing.
Doctor prescribed to stop taking progesterone and aspirin which I was taking earlier as they don't want to support it if it is ectopic.

I know there is very tiny chance of normal growth, so we asked Doctor should we plan to take pills to terminate.
But she is asking us to wait one week more and get more HCG tests and u/s done again.

They are not sure whether it is ectopic or uterine.
I don't have any pain in abdomen or bleeding - so hoping and praying that it is not ectopic.

But also worried that if it is ectopic then will waiting for more time allow it to grow further ?
And thus making it more difficult to treat medically (using pills) or surgically (i am terrified of surgery :( )
or in worst case - leading to rupture of tubes (terrified)

It kills me that doctors say that they cannot determine whether it is ectopic
at this stage and treat it early if that is the case.

Am devastated with this 2nd consecutive negative outcome.
Has anybody (unfortunately) seen a similar situation as mine ?
What was the outcome ? - normal pregnancy or uterine miscarriage or ectopic ?
Waiting desperately for your helpful answers.
Thanks in advance ....

firstly iam so sorry you are going through this big hugs x secondly in a eek not much growing will happen it will just be enough to see if its uterine or ectopic. if god forbid it was an ectopic it wont be big enough to rupture anything by that point so dont worry, i went to 9 weeks with a baby in my tube and i was lucky that it didnt rupture but at that point my tube had to go. also, i had this happen to me, i went for a scan just 2 weeks ago they couldnt see anything anywhere so they sent me away, i went back a week later and there was my baby with a little heartbeat. i hope this is the cause for you and your hormone is just raising slowly. some women dont even show they are pregnant on a test for months because the hormone is low. good luck, i hope it turns out to be good news for you xxx

What a worrying time for you. I hope you get some answers soon! X

Sorry you have to go through this! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back