Postal Scam.... plz read!!!

CH0C0H0LIC

Reaction score
Had this in an email from my sister so am passing it onto you ladies esp. those of you who use Ebay/shop online and may be expecting parcels in the run up to Xmas.

Can you circulate this around especially as Christmas is fast approaching - it has been confirmed by Royal Mail.
The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:-

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a premium rate number).

DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize.

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £15 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 0207-239-6655 or ICSTIS (the premium rate service regulator) at www.icstis.org.uk

Sarah xxx

This is ancient I'm afraid. About 5 years ago it began circulating. Every year around this time it seems to start doing the rounds again.

shit ment to post about this on friday!!! got an email at work about it.

Thanks hun,

Luckily I no most of the premium no's so would of clocked on to it but not everyone does so the get conned which is discusting.
Its like the 070 numbers, som people might just think its a mobile if they dont look properly.
Luckily to most people are wising up to it all which is a good thing.

I work for Royalmail havn't been told anything yet!!!

But there was a scam running about that was the same sort of thing last year where you had to ring to arrange re delivery and was charged alot of money for the call

so just watch out for bogus cards if its a firm you havn't heard of double check with the sellers :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back