• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ebay Question.... what do I do now??

SarahH

Reaction score
I won an item on ebay today; nothing expensive only came to 55p inc postage (was a photograph of the sunset over my MIL's home town that we were going to frame for a xmas gift)

Anyways, I won it only this morning and I have just gone on to ebay to check some other things and there was a message from the seller saying that he can no longer supply me with it and he will return my cheque, well I haven't posted my cheque yet so there is no problem there.... but.... what do I do?? Will I receive a non paid mark against me? Do I mark it as an item not received? Or do I just ignore it?

I sent an email to the seller saying "I only won the auction today so no cheque has been sent. Very disapointed non the less"

The only way he can put a non-paid mark against you is if you got the item and didn't pay, but as he is the one saying he cant send it (sounds like he wanted more for it) then I would ask him to either clear it or get him to mark it as paid and you mark it as received just to get it out the way for you. :)

nickilubs said:
The only way he can put a non-paid mark against you is if you got the item and didn't pay, but as he is the one saying he cant send it (sounds like he wanted more for it) then I would ask him to either clear it or get him to mark it as paid and you mark it as received just to get it out the way for you. :)

He can file an unpaid item if the item hasn't been sent. Let's face it, what seller actually sends an item before the buyer has paid? If in the unlikely event you get a NPB strike you can appeal it easily.

Sarah - he might file a mutual agreement not to proceed with sale to get his fees back.

daftscotslass said:
nickilubs said:
Sarah - he might file a mutual agreement not to proceed with sale to get his fees back.

Thats what I was thinking. You are in a better positon than him as you could leave a negative where as the seller cannot. Im not suggesting you leave a negative, it sounds like it can be agreed without a dispute. :D

What an ass!! I wonder why he cant supply you with it, he hasnt given you a good enough explanation!! Dont think he can put a bad mark on you more like the other way around :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back