Eating is such a tiresome mission

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
I never thought I would ever have an eating problem.

I haven't been sick or anything, but I still have strange appetite problems. I think we are all getting this, so I am not alone, but this is my problem.

My appetite is very strange at the moment. I haven't been sick, but getting through a day food-wise still seems to be a big effort for me. I have to eat to combat the nausea but I can't be bothered to eat because I am so tired! Too much effort for my liking, but I mustn't grumble. I feel very blessed.

I can't seem to eat my evening meal. The more tired I am, the more I faff around with the food.

Its strange. I'm ok cooking it, i feel really hungry, then I sit down to eat it and the whole mission of having a big hot meal just puts me off and I can't eat it.

Yesterday, I had to walk away from my dinner completely and the DH had to throw it in the bin for me.

So I am going to have to extend my 'little and often' eating into the evening as well.

Later last night I had a piece of cold quiche and a sainsburys banana and strawberry smoothie. It was absolutely gorgeous and went down well.

Felt better after that. I might have to start really getting into fruit smoothies, they are lovely.

I'm a bit the same, I always go really hungry, but when I make something and sit down to eat it, after a couple of bites I feel full. I have to say though I am piling on the pounds, and not losing them, i snack alot as opposed to eating "big" meals.

I love french toast just now (or as my partner calls it in Manchester, eggy bread!) can't get enough off it, although I am conscious of the fact that we need to be careful with eggs, plus they badly constipate you. Nice!

Hope you are well. x

Hi

I've just posted on the thread about pasta but what I have written also applies to this thread. I am also having problems with food. I was being sick quite alot but that has stopped now and indigestion has kicked in. I can't stand the thought of eating anything slightly greasy and the only things I seem to want are savoury rice, pasta with sauce and bread. I have started taking pregnacare because I am worried about the baby not getting enough goodness from the little food I am eating and also the quality of food I am eating. I really am starting to see eating as being a chore and it doesn't help that my bf gives me the third degree every day about what I have eaten, how much I have eaten and what I am going to eat next! Talk about guilt trip lol His heart is in the right place but when you are struggling to cope with something as simple as eating you don't need it do you?!?

I have been surviving by buying loads of fruit and making my own smoothies.......its so easy and much cheaper. I find I can normally manage one for breakfast and then it makes the rest of the day slightly easier.

Can only eat what I REALLY fancy and even then don't eat much, not a bad thing as still trying to shift weight from last baby so don't want to put on too much too early this time!!

Oh my yes, Sarah...

Feel exactly the same way...I get really hungry, eat about half of what I cook, and then feel nauseous. I then get hungry again later, don't want to bother with food, and get a headache because I haven't eaten...

I don't want to even face cooking it most of the time...but the strange thing is, neither my husband nor myself are losing weight...so we must be eating more than we think! Maybe he's finishing mine for me!

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back