East Coast flood alert!!

Urchin

Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7085394.stm

Severe flood warnings are in place on parts of the east coast of England, with the Environment Agency warning of "extreme danger to life and property".

Prime Minister Gordon Brown was chairing an emergency Cobra meeting, as low pressure and strong winds combined to cause a North Sea tidal surge.

oh yeah my mum was just telling me about that.
apparently people have been told to stay awake :shock: :?
scary stuff :hug:

Im in Kent and weather is sounding bad - really windy & raining and lots of things are flying around in the garden - I can hear them now :shock:

thank god i live in the south west but poor u guys who live in the east.wefve had windy and pouring rain here tho.

probably stuff from america with their hurricanes etc

ohhhhh great! i will dig my wellies out then.

i hope my nanna gonna be ok , she litterally lives walking distance from felixstowe beach , suffolks biggest port / area of sea ! mums in suffolk too :|

G3M said:
i hope my nanna gonna be ok , she litterally lives walking distance from felixstowe beach , suffolks biggest port / area of sea ! mums in suffolk too :|

Does she know the situation? It's all over the news but if she's not watching the news she won't know.

They are evacuating some people.

yeh and mum's on phone to nanna now , mum lives the otherside of the town , but nanna is right on the coast and her bedroom is in the basement :shock: i hope they go and stay at mum;s but i bet she wont

I hope she'll move, especially if she sleeps in the basement...they are being very serious about the risk on the TV

sorry im really thick
will i be ok in portsmouth?
im near the sea or is it not THAT sea
manda xx

Ooo Im really worried i cant sleep or anything im on the east coast litrally and im worried about my mum she out driving doing deliveries!!

Do i need to worry or is it all clear now?? am i even in the right area? :(

Im shitting hot bricks this morning, were far in land but with this surge being so powerful were being warned it will hit us as were only 20 miles in land and my house is a matter of meters from the river.

just been reading about that it sounds really scary hope they manage to evacuate all who need it xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back