early weaning

*Hope*

Reaction score
I had a paediatrician appointment yesterday for annabelle :) it was because she is sick so much and has terrible wind and painful hiccups etc.
he was lovely and checked her thoroughly. said its def reflux, prescribed some thickner and said she needs to be weaned. i said i had planned on waiting till the rfecommended 6 months etc but he said she will be happier on solids as her tummy isnt dealing well with all the milk she needs ( she has 7 ounce bottles every 3 hours in the day and sleeps through the night almost)

Soooo today she had her milk then a bowl of baby rice. was so sweet she ate it all up!!!!!!!!!!!!

he said baby rice, sweet potato and baby cereal for now. basically the 4 month plus stuff.

but the book on weaning i have says even for 4 month olds to introduce pear, and other fruits early on (after first 4 days) to help with constipation and to introduce good eating habits for later on.

just wondered does any one have any tips or views on this?? xx

I give Paige the odd bit of baby rice or cereal. But nothing on a daily basis at the moment. But from next week onwards Ill be giving her breakfast and then little bits of carrots and broccoli ect. I think as long as its introduced slowly and one fruit or veg at a time then its fine. Just do what you think is right really.

The past 4 months has deffinatly taught me to stop reading things as if thats what it should be, and just go on my instincts. So introduce anything you feel she is ready for or you'd like to give her :) The book is just a guide, as is the recommendations from your doctor.

So glad she loved the baby rice :D Paige is more of a fan of porridge but still gobbles down the baby rice. She even makes sure she saves some for her forehead and nose ect as she wants to share how yummy it is.

I weaned really early and I started with baby rice but liv hated it so I gave her cereal, then I introduced fruit pots then Heinz dinners and she loves them. I'm not kidding she eats anything and everything lol bless her x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awwww thats lovely bless little Paige and Liv!!

Im finding the whole thing so exciting (im sad these days lol) - i cant wait to start introducing other stuff. I hope shes more content. he said whilst she was being sick all the time she would have been having a heart burn feeling too :( bless her!!

Aw i hope it helps annabelle :). I weaned Ethan at 4months but he didn't really like plain baby rice and he hated fruit pots at first but perserverance is definatly key it took about 2 weeks and then he ate anything i gave him. I introduced new foods all the time, i think they say don't introduce too many incase they have an allergy and you can pin point what it is but i tried new things with ethan everyday :) xx

I started weaning at 4 months and Aoibheann hated baby rice at first , until I made it thicker than recommended , then she loved it . we very quicky(within a week) moved onto sweet potato and purred fruits . My only advice would be only try one new food at a time to make sure Annabelle has no allergies , and enjoy it the expressions aoibheann made when she first tasted new foods were priceless ! she's now a savage who loves almost everything .

I gave Paige her first of something none milk related!! Tonight she had 1/3rd of a jar of carrots and potato. She ate it all and kept trying to grab the spoon and shove it in her mouth (I let her have the spoon when she wanted it and she turned her face orange! lol) I think she had too much but she kept leaning forward with her mouth open wanting more. Im limiting her tomorrow I think. lol

I started with fruit pots, then veg - don't really like starting with baby rice and cereal as it can start constipation. Sarah is 16 weks and like Liv eats everything and has started to become fussy - refusing veg after 6-7 spoonfuls because she knows she will get a yogurt! I am giving in just because i think she is teething and prefers something cool. My only advice with any food is to offer diuted juice or cooled boiled water with each meal in a beaker or bottle just so she is taking fluids this should help with any constipation. Sarah loves her cups - i give her a variety and she holds most of them by herself, i think it is her favourite bit as she is already independant and holds a spoon whilst i feed her too - can make for messy eating though lol

I've started all of mine on cow an gate porridge at around 4 months, Last year when i started weaning my son i found some baby yoghurt's, they are called "Rachel's organic my first yogurt" there from 4 mths and are around 1.49 from tesco, my son loved them, they have no shit in them, I'm gonna get some when i wean my little one but i also want to try baby led weaning. x

ah all this weaning is so exciting, I cant wait! My HV is coming next week to talk to me about it :yay:

I hope annabelle feels better on the solids :hug:

weaning is so much fun ! call me mad but I really enjoyed it

I love it too mess and all - Sarah had her first squeezy frube yogurt today - we were in asda shopping and she was hungry so rather than go to cafe and flop out boobs i squeezed it in her mouth whilst i shopped she had two and thought it was great fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back