Early Stages...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rachie, May 18, 2005.

1. Rachie

Rachie Well-Known Member

Hi, this is all very new to me, my husband and I have just made the decision to start a family and suddenly I realise how little I know! I have been on Depo for six years so I figure its going to take a while :( but I'm going to try to stay positive. Obviously I'm now buying every magazine on the planet, taking every prenatal vitamin and basically absorbing all the info I can get my hands on - so any advice will be gratefully received!

By the way, my husband has demanded we have a little girl... I tried to explain that things don't quite work like that... :wink:

2. Kerry

Kerry Well-Known Member

Welcome Rachie,

Love your picture!!

Good luck with TTC, there are many of us about in the same boat.

Much love

3. Rachie

Rachie Well-Known Member

Thanks Kerry! Look forward to (hopefully) making a contribution.

RachieXX

4. MS1211

MS1211 Member

Hello :lol: I was on Depo for several years too. Your doctor has probably already told you this but you should be off of the depo long enough to have had 2-3 normal cycles before you start trying to conceive (you can use condoms in the meanwhile). When we did start trying I thought it would take a long time because I had been on birth control for so long, but we got pregnant our first try :!: I am 15 weeks along now and very exited. By the way let your husband know that it's the man's sperm which determines the gender so the pressure is on him not you :wink: Good luck with conceiving and keep us updated :)