dummies

trixipaws

Reaction score
is there a humane way of stopping them falling out?!
i said 2 my boyf last nite after millie spat hers out and cried for it back about 20 times in 60 seconds, "why has no-one invented some kind of elastic strap thing 2 keep them in"
my boyf pointed out that using such an item would be gagging ur child and very very wrong! :lol:
it is drainig tho getting it for her every few seconds!

What kind do you use? We found the cherry teats stayed in better than the orthodontic ones...

umm i dont kno its an avent one with a green mouse on it! the teat is round its not one of them flat ones. i dont kno which are cherry teats?
(hardly use dummies coz she spits them out a lot!)

when i put D's dummy in till he settles with it i put my thumb on one cheek and next finger on the other cheek as he loves his cheeks been touched and it holds the dummy in place loosely so if he really wants to spit it out he can if he wants to play push it in out he can ..d doesn't have a dummy very often either though he usually prefers his thumb

I really feel for you trixipaws :hug: That's the ONLY reason I'm glad Isaac won;t have a dummy, because of the falling out and fetching issue, I do hope Millie finds it dropping out doesn't wake her as she gets used to it :hug:

the 1s that go up the roof of the mouth stay in so well

trixipaws said:
umm i dont kno its an avent one with a green mouse on it! the teat is round its not one of them flat ones. i dont kno which are cherry teats?

That sounds like a cherry one. Sorry I'm not more help then, good luck. :hug:
I remember thinking there should be some sort of baby gimp mask for this purpose... :shock:

I gently tap jakes dummy when i put it in, he starts to suck (i think he thinks he is sucking it when i tap it lol) and is less likely to spit it out. he rarely had a dummy now anyway, he usually sucks his fingers

trixipaws said:

alright trix,

o used to do this with the flat ones as well but when I switched to cherry ones he stopped doing it as much (still does it but about 50% less which is so much better)

not great pics but so you get the differnece

This is a flat soother which is what I imagine you are describing
30746701_m.jpg

This is a cherry soother
P1020839.jpg

P1020840.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads