Drying hair??

xJuliex

Reaction score
Was just wondering what everyone does about drying their hair and straightening it in hospital after they've had a shower after giving birth?? Don't fancy looking like a bush when people come to visit :lol: do you have to take your own hairdryer or do they provide them??? :think: :?

Hun I don't think you'll be bothered at all about your hair, you'll be shattered after the birth and completely absorbed with the baby.

Am sure if you really want to they'll let you plug your own dryer in, never heard of anywhere providing them.

I don't think I'll even bother washing mine!! I probably wont have the energy anyways!

I didn't wash my hair last time, I waited till I got home, just washed my body.

My hospital didn't allow you to take them in and they don't provide them, but believe me you really won't be bothered afterwards, you will be far too exhausted to care :D

I had a c-section so I brought mine in, because I knew I would be in for a week. It needed washing! Have you tried Batiste dry shampoo. I swear by it, especially when I can't be bothered washing my hair for work. It kind of does the same job as talc! It's just a spray that freshens your hair up and smells nice. Maybe stick a can in your hospital bag. And get someone to bring your hairdryer in if you reall need to wash your hair xx

i wanted to bring mine in when i had Oliver...i forgot to ask but i just washed my hair and then put it up so it wouldnt get too flyaway

have never stayed in more than 24 hours so cant say it was ever a priority - getting out of bed and dressed took enough effort :lol:

for my first I ended up having a picture taken that was later in the local paper - really regretted that as I looked like s**t and all my patients saw it - really embarrassing - with the other 2 I just remembered to say NO to the photographer :lol:

I really wont care what my hair looks like for probably 6 weeks after :rotfl:

It is extremely unlikely your hospital will let you take dryer and straighteners in as EVERY electrical item has to be officially checked before it can be used on NHS premises.

Personally, I can't be bothered drying my hair at the best of times, I'm not going to start immediately after labour :rotfl:

Oh No!!! :shock: I considered this and just thought I'd put them in my hospital bag. My hair is wavy and not quite long enough to tie back...it will totally be in a big bush if it isn't straightened... :oops: I have a bit of an obsession with it been straight...mind you .......my new baby will prob take my mind off it!!! :cheer: :cheer: either that or I won't bother washing it till I get home!!

I think not washing it is definitely the best option :dance:

Kim&Leah said:
u wont give a s*** :lol: :lol:

I remember me & kim having this conversation before we had our babies, I took my straightners but i never used em! I looked like a greasy tramp but I really didnt give a fook!!! :lol:

I had a bath and washed my hair just after giving birth. Just let it dry naturally though. Not even taking any makeup this time. As long as I'm clean I'm happy :D

I was gonna suggest dry shampoo too!
Theres quite a few different ones now although I think batiste is the cheapest. I'l definitely be sticking it in my hospital bag!! :D

I'm not taking make-up either. I don't think it fits in my hospital bag anyway :rotfl:

oh bugger! nevermind, i'm not even gunner bother, they prob won't fit in my bag anyways. i'll just take a headband and let it dry naturally cos i'll have to wash it, i won't feel clean otherwise. like you all said, i prob won't giv a s**t after iv had my little boy but i think i'm still trying to convince myself that its all gunner be a walk in the park :pray: what a shock i'm in for eh..but i'll worry about it when the time comes! :shock:

im just gonna stick a hair band in and hope for the best :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back