Health Visitor (bit mifted)

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by JensBump, Jan 10, 2012.

1. JensBump

JensBump Well-Known Member

Hey girls I had a visit from my local health visitor today - she came round to meet me before the birth so I knew her face for after the birth as they generally come out from 11-14 days after baby arrives - she was really lovely but asking questions like did I own the house and whether the whole house was ours - has anyone else had one of these visits and ramdom questions?

Most of the questions were standard like do we smoke or drink but just asking about whether we own the house got me thinking how much information do the government want to collect on people now and what difference does that make to having a child?

2. BabyBrain

BabyBrain Well-Known Member

Ooerr, never known them to ask questions about houses before. Maybe she's moonlighting for the census lol. We'll be stuffed when she comes round here then cos we don't own it and have very little room until the extension is built. Oh well xxxxxxxx

3. Lulabell

Lulabell Well-Known Member

I had health visitor come round last week. I found her rude and intrusive. I know that they are there for the interest of the child but come on! No need to be so flippin rude! :-( xx

4. Rachel1509

Rachel1509 Well-Known Member

Does a health visitor always come round before your LO is born? I've never heard of this..

#4 Rachel1509, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  5. JensBump

JensBump Well-Known Member

I didn't think she was rude but intrusive yes - I can understand asking questions about smoking and maybe even drinking - and she asked about my support i.e family etc - but if just seemed very over the top

#5 JensBump, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  6. Lulabell

Lulabell Well-Known Member

Towards the end of the visit she seemed a bit warmer towards me. Maybe it's just a front to find out what kind of person I am? She asked about support network (family), strengths (smoking and lifestyle), baby groups, how I intended to feed baby, is father supportive etc, are we excited and was it planned, any history of domestic abuse or illnesses (mental and other) and other random questions. Just felt like the Spanish inquistition lol.xx

7. Me, My Girls & I

Me, My Girls & I Well-Known Member

Mine asked if fob examined his testicles on a regular basis :shock: I could understand most the questions buy that was a step too far for me!

8. TORino

TORino Well-Known Member

WTF?? :shock:

Why on earth do they need to know that?

9. titch

titch Well-Known Member

could be worse, mine asked if me and FOB are related :doh:

10. BabyBrain

:rofl:

11. JoJo79

JoJo79 Well-Known Member

Think its different in every area hunni tbh, when i had my eldest you didnt meet your HV til 10 days after birth, when i had my second daughter HV visited me at home before the birth to give me red book and this time round i had to go to health centre to meet HV and get red book xxxx

12. JoJo79

JoJo79 Well-Known Member

??? wtf!!! xxx

13. Verity2011

Verity2011 Well-Known Member

Hahaha some of these questions you've been asked would make me absolutely wet myself!

14. Rachel1509

Rachel1509 Well-Known Member

Oh right ok. Well I've never had someone tell me they've had health visitor come to them before birth. Not really something I'm wanting as my housing situation is a total mess at the moment and last thing I want is some nosey bint asking questions I don't even know myself!

15. titch

titch Well-Known Member

must tell me something about the area we chose to live in :rofl:

16. Olive

Olive Well-Known Member

Lol! I got asked if we were related at my booking in appointment. Noooooooooooooooo! What do they say when people say yes?! :puke: x

17. titch

titch Well-Known Member

:lol: oh god this is cracking me up!! It must happen, otherwise, why is the question asked???

18. BabyBrain

I got asked then too. I laughed and the mw looked at me very seriously and said "it happens more than you think" :shock:

19. Rachaellius

Rachaellius Well-Known Member

One of the questions in my green notes was whether we are related too. I wonder what they actually do if people are related!!! :shock:

20. ZMD

ZMD Well-Known Member

My health visitor came before LO was born & asked all sorts of questions about housing, family support & even wanted to know the ins & outs of why my parents separated! x