• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dropping the dreamfeed

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
Our current routine is feed at7:30, 10:30,13:30, 16:30, 18:00, 19:30 and then dreamfeed at 23:30.

I had got the feeling that she was taking less feed fro the dreamfeed so I decided last night not to feed her then and see what happened. She woke at 4:40 wanting a feed.

The question I have is what is best to do now? Do I reinstate the dreamfeed and try again in a weeks time, or do I just feed her when she asks for it in the night, expecting it to get later and later until she drops it completely? If it makes any difference she is breastfed and is 13 weeks today.

Have you tried extending the feeds during the day? 4 hours rather than 3? How much does she have in one feed? You could increase the amount & make the gap longer.

We used to feed Jamie at 23.00 then bought it forward to 22.30 then to 2200 then to 2100 then dropped it, that was only about a 2 weeks ago (he was 6 months) we did it in stages.

I haven't because we almost always end up having to feed 10mins or so early every time.

personally i would let her feed when she wanted it. If she has her dreamfeed at 11.30 andsleeps till 7.30 am then id stick with that. she will knock her dreamfeed off when you introduce solids or in her own time. :)

She doesn't wake for her dreamfeed at all, if I leave it until she wants a feed then it was 4:40 this morning. So how do I know when she is ready to drop the dreamfeed? I am worried that I am disturbing her sleep by waking her for the dreamfeed.

oh i wouldn't wake her for a feed at all :eek: :shock:

feed her at 4.30 if and when she wakes. . She will knock off her feeds as and when she wants to.

Everyones different but ive always followed my babies - and its worked for me :)

Hi Nicky

My son Bailey is now 6 1/2 months and we stopped his dream feed about 4 weeks ago as he was taking less and less.

He did start waking at 4 and 4.30 but we have perserved (not sure if spelt correct) and just patted him off without picking him up or feeding him we have now brought a little light which comes on and plays a tune when he wakes at this time which settles him off but after 2 weeks he rarely wakes and if he does he soon goes back off.

I was very hesitant to give him a feed at 4 ish as I felt I was I was giving him a night feed.

Hope this helps

Sarah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back