Stopped sleeping through

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
Ellie has stoped sleeping through the night all of a sudden. She had been sleeping through from 7:30 - 7:30 with just a dreamfeed at 11:30 since she was just under 8 weeks. The other night she woke and a bit later started crying saying she was hungry at 3:30. Again last night she woke and needed a feed. I suspect it is a sign she is starting to need solids but can anybody think of any other reason?

Thanks.

Hi

I think its just a faze . Kiara sleeps good for weeks then all of a sudden for a few days to a few weeks will keep waking through the night.
Im sure she will get back to her usual pattern soon
Katrina

I'd say a growth spurt is the most likely reason, try and fill her up with as much milk as you can in the day :)
Is she on the "hungry" baby milk?

Thanks for the support. The last 2 nights I haven't had to give her an extra feed though she has woken. 2 nights ago, she woke, and "talked" to herself for a bit and then started crying out, however while I was searching for my slippers she stoped and carried on "talking", so I got back into bed. 10mins later, she cried out again, this time (I had given up on finding my slippers in the dark) I had got my dressing gown, but she stopped again, so I got back into bed and then after talking to herself for a bit longer she went back to sleep. Last night again she woke and talked to herself but she didn't cry out at all and was back asleep sooner (I think) I turned down the monitor so that I could go back to sleep, knowing that I would hear her if she cried out.

Hi Nicky, I always look out for your posts as Ellie & Katy are just a day apart. Katy has had a bit of a funny couple of weeks too, showing teething signs etc, and a couple of nights she has woken for an extra feed. She seems to be getting herself back to normal & it looks like it was a growth spurt as I got her weighed today and she had gained 7oz in a week.

Hope this helps & Ellie gets back to her normal routine soon :hug:

Excellent - that is good news. Last time I got Ellie weighed (last thursday) she was 13lb 6oz, which dropped her down to the 50th percentile line. At one point she was nearly at the 75th percentile line. Its funny but you initially it worried me but the HV was more than happy, and she seems happy so I am making myself not worry.

Lara has also changed her nightly demands.. she was going from 7pm until about 4am from around 12 weeks old but the last couple of nights it is getting earlier and earlier, first 2am then 1am last night.. could be cos she is on antibiotics for a UTI and that makes her go to the loo more often but she has been really hungry too.. but she had a growth spurt only 2 weeks ago!!

I see Elena and Katy were born similar time to Lara [by the way Nicky I nearly called her Elena but at the last minute when i saw her I decided on Lara instead... and Emma.. Katherine was on the list for middle names... you two have good taste!!]

Lara is still quite small for her age.. only now 10lbs 13oz - just below her line but is very long and thin!! she was only 6lbs 5oz when born so she has some catching up to do!!

so... back to these night feeds.. i am considering re-introducing the 10pm feed to see if that fills her enough to get her to go through again from 11pm to 7pm.. I cannot wait for the first night when she sleeps through and I don't wake up to every murmur on the monitor!! I find it sooooo hard to go back to sleep after I wake up.. I lay there waiting for her to wake up or cry out again! :wall:

Hey thats great. It is nice that there are a couple of others so close to Ellie's age. One of the reasons we liked Elena is that it is bit more unusal, however there seems to be lots of Ellie's, Eleanor's, Ella's around I think her name may end up being quite common. Oh well. Apparently my mum had the same thing. When she named me Nicola it was an unusual name, everybody else had the same idea and I think there was almost always another Nicola in my classes at school.

Thankfully the last couple of nights she hasn't needed that extra feed.

She has woken everynight since she started asking for the extra feed. Some nights she just talks to herself for a while and then goes back to sleep, and hasn't cried out for a feed. Do your LO's do the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back