• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Driving after section

Nicola g

Reaction score
How soon did you drive after a section?

I had one 4 weeks ago tommorow and feel ok in myself but not sure if i should wait until the 6 weeks are up :?

The recommended time is 6 weeks, mainly due to you being able to perform an emergency stop. If you want to start driving before the six weeks, I would check with your GP, plus your car insurance co. as you may not be insured before the 6 weeks are up.

^^ what she said!

I felt ready to drive after 4 weeks, so I rang my insurance company. They didn't care as long as I had medical clearance, so I spoke to my GP who was happy to clear me as long as I felt ready. To be honest, it was coming up to Christmas so I wasn't really driving very far.

I was going go ask this...

It's only been just under 3 weeks since mine and I feel ready to drive. Will leave it 6 weeks before I get on the bike though.

So my doc could let me drive now if I asked ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back