drinking from a sippy cup, help please!

Melanie

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me!

Thea is breastfed and has never really taken ti having a bottle. On the few times I've left her with her dad the most he has ever got her to drink from a bottle is maybe a couple of ounces. She just doesn't seem to have the ability to suck from a bottle.

I've been trying to get her to drink from a sippy cup but she really doesn't like it. She would rather tip it on the floor or feed it to her care bear lol. She will drink from a normal cup with someone helping her to hold it but while that is fine in the house its a bit difficult and potentially messy when we are out and about!

Can anyone recommend any good sippy cups? How did you get your baby to use one? Any help is gratefully received!!!!

melanie i just got rachael to use a sippy cup. i ttired loads of them and she ended up liking the cheapest one going - a tommee tippee one for less than £2. it has handles and she likes to hold it herself.
She took to that and then a week and a half ago she accepted a teat too!! so i went t the cinema to celebrate and left her for the first time.

the tommee tippee ones are not non drip and are easy for them to suck - unlike the non drip ones which i think take more effort to get drink out of.

hope this helps

It will probably be hit and miss with loads of cups.
We use a tommee tippee once with the flip up spout. We used the one that I think budge has been using at first and have now moved onto this one.

sippy.jpg

cup.jpg

once she gets the hang of those you may find like rachael she takes to a teat a bit better. rachael took to a cheap asda bottle too after i tried all the nearer to breast shaped ones :roll: :evil:

those are the ones rachael uses! I have a cupboard full of ones tried and tested but she liked those ones only - fussy thing

budge said:
melanie i just got rachael to use a sippy cup. i ttired loads of them and she ended up liking the cheapest one going - a tommee tippee one for less than £2. it has handles and she likes to hold it herself.
She took to that and then a week and a half ago she accepted a teat too!! so i went t the cinema to celebrate and left her for the first time.

the tommee tippee ones are not non drip and are easy for them to suck - unlike the non drip ones which i think take more effort to get drink out of.

hope this helps

I use these too. I tried a few and I am not a fan of the non drip. Seren took to the tommee tippee one really quickly.

Have you tried the Doidy cups?

Stanley likes practising with his :D

Minxy said:

Thea drinks from a doidy cup in the house, the problem we have is she gets bored and pours it over her head when she has had enough lol. I thought a cup with a lid might be safer when we are out.

Melanie said:
Minxy said:

Thea drinks from a doidy cup in the house, the problem we have is she gets bored and pours it over her head when she has had enough lol. .

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

HI :wave:

I know tia isnt breastfed but i found this one really good

http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/shop/prod ... -plus.html

It doesnt leak and the top is all really soft silicone and tia loves nuzzling into it as its very soft, we had trouble getting her to take a beaker and this worked really well so we bought 2.

It also has a lid which stays on almost too well at times.

I hope thea manages to find one she really likes :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back