• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

dream feeding

Dream feeding is when you feed your baby whilst they are asleep. I.E I used to give Ella a feed when I went to bed at around 10.30-11pm without waking her up to try and get her to sleep for longer. Then I dropped it when she got older :)

it sounds good i saw it on the baby whisperer
just the end of it and thought it was a good idea
but i dont know how to actually do it
plz help

Basically you just gently lift your baby out of their crib/moses basket/cot and put them to the breast or brush the teat of their bottle against their top lip. Eventually (it never took Ella very long if I was offering the breast) your baby will start to feed and will come off when full. Then slowly lift up to your shoulder to wind and lay them back in their cot. My DD wouldn't wake up and was fine with dream feeding (she's a chugger so always happy to have more boobie!).

thanx very much hunni
can u start from any age?
like newborn

Of course - but right at the beginning Ella would wake pretty much 4 hourly to start with which wasn't too bad. I think that I started dream feeding when she was about 5-6 weeks. Can't believe that I can't remember!!

aw thats good im so worried that i wont know what to do when the LO arrives i have no idea on how to start a routine or anything lol
how old is ur daughter?

She'll be 6 months in a fortnight.

I was really worried about getting her into a routine aswell. Things change all the time and just when I thought I had things sorted they'd get thrown into disarray again! However she's been in the same nighttime routine for weeks now. She has her bath around 6-6.30pm, bottle of expressed milk and then bed. She's normally down now around 7-.730pm and wakes between 5-6am for a feed, then back down for a couple of hours.

Hi Louise,

Dont worry it will all fall into place, I cannot recommend the baby whisperer books highly enough - go get one!
It will explain it all. I was completly clueless until I starte dusing her books and I still dream feed Aimee now but will drop it in a month or so.... dont know how thats gonna affect things :think: !
Good luck with everything
x

thankyou very much for your advice every1
where can i get one of they baby whisperer books?
how much do they cost around?
does anyone have msn
if so add me [email protected]

love lou n bump xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member