• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dream Feed

dula

Reaction score
Hi Can anyone explain this concept to me please? Thanks

i'm pretty sure it's feeding your LO while they're still asleep, usually before you go to bed.
i do it with zach sometimes and he usually sleeps an hour or two longer :)

It's bascially where you feed your bubba whilst they are still asleep. So, for example, if your LO is in bed at 8pm and you go up to bed at midnight you'd gently pick bubba up and offer them a feed (breast or bottle) and you will find that they can take a feed whilst still asleep, then when they're done you pop them back.

This worked for us for a while - it meant we got more sleep before bubba woke to be fed :D

It doesn't matter what time you offer the feed but most people do it around the time they go to bed :)

yup, as above - weve tried it but Josh just will not open his mouth for love nor money !!

hmm might try this tonight! wish me luck :cheer:

Naterjack said:
yup, as above - weve tried it but Josh just will not open his mouth for love nor money !!

:lol: same with Isla! Once shes asleep, a nuclear war wouldnt shift her!.....(its just the getting her to sleep that the problem :lol: )

We give Nathaniel a dream feed about 10:30pm. He drinks 7oz and rarely wakes. I always make sure I hold him upright for 15 minutes afterwards to make sure he is not sick and then he sleeps back in his cot. This works for us well because it means he doesn't wake until about 5am then.

worked great for us! We still do it, though now i think she expects is and i enjoy it :) She woke up the first few times (we started around 8weeks) but then got used to the routine and never work up after that. she feeds so well then too cuz shes calm and relaxed.

I *think* me n Henry dream feed at night but i tend to :sleep: aswell so am never really sure :lol:
Basically he goes down after his last evening feed in his cradle next to our bed. Then with his next feed he comes into bed with us and i feed him laying down and there he stays until i get up in the morning...i tend to wake up just before he stirs so pop my nipple in his mouth and drop straight back off to sleep.

I definatley dream feed him in the morning as he has several snoozy feeds lasting from when he gets up (usually 8amish) til elevenses time n then again in the late afternoon early evening we have snoozy feeds on the sofa.

If you have an overactive let down reflex its good to get in the habit of feeding when babba isn't properly awake cos their suck is less intense so get less problems with spluttering, milk spurtage and colic 8)

ds won't feed if he's asleep, I've tried a couple of times but he's just not interested and will sleep 6/7 hours at night anyway so he obviously doesn't need it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back