Dr Appointment later

*Star*

Reaction score
Well, the sickness seems to be back
It's nowhere near as bad as it has been with the boys, but this last couple of days I've been sick quite a lot (tmi but I think about 7 times in 24 hours so far).

So I rang the Dr to try and get some meds to stop it getting worse, and told the receptionist my history. She spoke to the Dr, and the Dr wants me to go in and see him at 5 today for an emergency appointment, with a urine sample.

I'm presuming the sample is to check for ketones, but I don't think I'm dehydrated enough to have them yet. I did have some ketone strips from having oliver, not sure where they are now though...

I really want to try and get it under control before the hyperemesis kicks in again.

Will update you when I get back from the Dr's later.

good luck hope u feel better soon xx

I just weighed myself though... I've lost 6lbs since i've been ill. Well it could even be more, I went up to 12lb 10 and now I'm down to 12lb. I started off at 12lb 4.

I just hope I don't have ketones. Cause they may consider a drip then. LAST thing I want.

Well I'm back now.
Not good news really.
My ketones are +3 and he wanted to admit me for a drip.
But he's giving me 24 hours with these buccal meds to try and help me.
There the tablets that go on your lip, so I don't have to swallow them.

Please keep your fingers crossed they work, I really don't want to be admitted, I've done so well to get this far without being sick.

I hope they work and that the sickness stops soon :hug:

i do now!
just got out of hospital. was hooked up to the drip overnight and finally got some meds that have got the sickness under control.

hopefully it'll stay away now. if i start to be sick again i get a free pass into the hospital for fluids again lol

Glad the sickness is under control for you.

Stay on the meds, a friend of mine had severe sickness in her pregnancy and came off the tablets a couple of times when she thought she was feeling better but as soon as she stopped she was sick again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back