Down in the Dumps ??

Baileys-Angel

Reaction score
Howdee :wave:
I have been TTC for nearly two years now and am due to have a Hyscosy
in August. I am really fed up this month, due to ovulate tomorrow and cant be bothered to BM as I feel its a waste of time and Im never gonna get a BFP. Does anyone else get like this?

Hi, i feel exactly the same... OH was recently told he had low sperm count and it was unlikely we would conceive naturally and now i feel like "whats the point?" He is on medication to try and improve them but left for Holland for 2 weeks and never took them with him!!! If he cant be bothered then why the hell should i. I have contemplated giving up to be honest as i just dont feel it will ever happen :(

Its horrible isnt it :?
I am 36 soon and its like a massive big clock hanging over us.
Its a funny thing with men and their spemies tho, they get protective if you criticise them ! My OH has had 3 tests now, was told to change diet etc and they are ok so he was well chuffed which throws it all back to me. I feel like a failure everytime AF arrives x

Sorry whinge whinge whinge :lol:

Hi,
I just read the below two posts and can relate to how you are feeling. I have been TTC my second child for over 6months and nothing is happening. My first child was very easy to conceive and I sort of thought that my second would be the same.
I have spoken to many people who have had trouble TTC and their advice is always DO NOT THINK ABOUT it, of course it's easier said than done.
I am using the fertility monitors and they are ruining my sex life...it all seems so formal..I am sure this doesnt help. My husband gets annoyed with the fuss I make over him taking zinc and me testing to see if I am ovulating, I think these things put men off more than we realize.
I wish you both luck TTC. Try to live in the moment, each day even if you are childless is SO important.
#

Thanks Bunny :)
I guess im just tired and having a bad day. We are going on holiday
next month for two weeks and i am due to ov right in the middle of the fortnight. Heres hoping the sun, sea, sand and relaxation put us in a good frame of mind :wink:
Babydust to all xxxxxx

Hi Baileys Angel,
I agree that men are funny when it comes to their sperm counts. My husband wants to get his tested and has been reading up about how to increase one and what decreases one etc.
It's so frustrating wanting and waiting to get pregnant, it seems to take over your whole life I find. For the past 6/7 months I have been waiting until I can test for pregnancy each month and then when its negative I'll do more and more tests just to be sure....I have spent a small fortune on tests.
Please allow yourself to enjoy your holiday. My advice to you would be to forget about the fertility tests and even getting pregnant, just use the time to be with your husband and enjoy each other. Relax and see what happens. Maybe you wont get pregnant, maybe you will, but you will have a great holiday and that in itself is a positive result! Maybe not a positive pregnancy test, but a positive result none the less.

Ahh thanks Bunny xx
Get onto Ebay and get some cheapo tests, i got 10 for gbp 2.99. If i think i have a positive then i will get a dear one just to make sure xxxx

Hi Baileys Angel,
I'll go on Ebay and buy the tests right away! Wow, so cheap I have been buying them from Sainsburys when I do my shopping, I think I pay £11.99 for two Clear Blue and I thought that was cheap! Although I am thinking of giving up testing and just see if I miss a period. Although I doubt I'll be able to wait that long.
Also, on a more personal note, is there anything 'bad' that happened to you in the past related in anyway to sexual reproduction? For instance a lady I knew tried to get pregnant for four years and couldnt, although there was no reason why not. After trying all avenues, she went to a alternative therapist who encouraged her to speak about her past, she admitted that she was raped in the past. The therapist said that this is why she was not conceiving and that by blaming herself for what happened and not speaking openly about it she was literally shutting her fertility down. The therapist helped her to talk about it, acknowledge it and put it to bed so to speak. She was pregnant in one month! And now is the mother to two healthy boys.
The therapist says that there a number of reasons for shutting yourself down...eg. rape, sexual abuse, bad sexual experience....because all the memories are directly related to your reproductive organs.
I find it very interesting and am going to see him on Tuesday next week - I'll let you know how it goes.

Omigod !!
Plse plse do, without going into details, i think you have hit the nail on the head !!!! Plse PM me next week and let me know how you get on.
Thanks so much xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back