Doppler

drea b

Reaction score
I got my Doppler delivered this week (I know it's a tad early!!!) . Wasn't really expecting to hear anything as it's so early and right enough I couldn't find the heartbeat no matter how long I proded about.

I think I heard the placenta though - I could here my pulse (knew it was me as it was slow) and this swooshing noise. It was really low down - on the left side.

Anyway the reason for my rambling post it - do you think that this is a good sign? Do you think it means there's a good chance that bub is happy and healthy? :think:

I've been getting really panicky recently that something could go wrong. Think it's because they put my scan date back by a week and I'm getting mega impatient :x :x Any reassurance would be great.

sorry can't answer your questions drea, just wanted to jump in and ask where you are in sunny scotland?

hearing the placenta has got to be a good thing. If that's working properly I can't see why bubs wouldn't be ok too.
Babylicious was listening to the placenta for ages thinking it was the baby :lol:

Thanks for the replys guys :D

Scottishterrier - I'm just outside Edinburgh, where about are you?

Im in angus, so just north of you two!

BTW, can i ask how much you paid for a doppler, and where you got it from?

Oooh, I'm just outside Edinburgh too!
And yeah, were did you get the doppler from?? I want one!!

Just to butt in........I'm from Livingston, West Lothian. xxx

I would think that hearing the placenta is still a good sign. Don't worry it won't be long until you hear your lo for the first time.

I bought mine for £40, it's an Angel Sounds, but you can get them a lot cheaper from e bay. xxx

If you got the Summer Prenatal listener one from Argos/M'care etc. don't hold your breath that you'll be able to hear anything! Still can't and I'm 31 weeks!!!

NIE said:
Just to butt in........I'm from Livingston, West Lothian. xxx

I would think that hearing the placenta is still a good sign. Don't worry it won't be long until you hear your lo for the first time.

I bought mine for £40, it's an Angel Sounds, but you can get them a lot cheaper from e bay. xxx

Me too! :hug:

It's an Angel Sounds one that I've got. Think it was £32 from ebay and that was including a bottle of gel and the postage so not too bad I thought.

lol i had exactly the same question about a week ago!!

I tried my angel sounds doppler at 11 weeks exactly and heard the whooshing placenta same as you have

a couple days later i heard a distinct baby chuffa train heartbeat!

It takes a bit of time , patience and practise, but i found mine right slap bang in the middle just above my pubic bone.

Whether you can hear it early or not can depend on the position of the uterus and which way things are facing, as well as your weight as more 'covering' would dampen the sound

Good luck finding it!

hi guys

I work in Edinburgh but live in scottish borders
i will be getting a doppler too as i am actually 9 weeks but have not adjusted ticker and i know yoiu can hear from 10, is this right ?
thanks
Gemma

When I went to the midwife recently she listened to the heartbeat which sounded as clear as anything to me but she could tell that the cord was in front of it!!! I suppose it must sound a tad muffled to the trained ear?

I'll jump in too - I'm in Central Scotland!

I wouldnt worry my mum has one of the ones midwifes use seeing as she is a midwife lol and it took about 5 minutes to find the heartbeat and from then weve listened to it a couple of times a week and only once found it again but i can hear the placenta and feel it moving so im not worried

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back