Don't wanna go back!

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
I've been on holiday this week and it's been BRILLIANT, I've been sleeping all night, getting up about 9, and then sleeping from about 2 - 6 in the afternoon as well.
So how the hell am I supposed to go back to work now????
I'm really worried actually cos I have to get up at 6-6:30 and don't get back home till 7pm. Technically at work from 9-6 but it always runs over...

I'm sure I'll get back into the swing of it, but any tips for my first few days back??

Also worried about what to take for lunch cos I'm literally living on a few biscuits every hour whilst at home and the idea of having to eat more than that makes me wanna hurl :S

Do your employers know about you expecting? Could they possibly give you more comfort breaks instead of one long lunch hour so you could just pick at some food whenever you fancied, you could take some snack packs of fruits like grapes and strawberries, or some little bits of raw veg or even some nice biscuits so u can graze through the day but still keep your energy up, you dont want to burn out so early on otherwise you will start to resent work which could make u stressed which wont be good :( hope it turns out to be not as bad as your thinking xxxx let us know how it goes anyway xxxx

Just stick a few packs of hobnobs or chocolate digestives in your drawer and nibble on them whenever you need to. I think most employers would accept you have extra breaks like kay suggested. Good luck!

I have to go back to work on Monday too after 2 weeks off. BOO.

I'm going to tell everyone that I'm preg when I get in, my line manager already knows but I am going to tell everyone else that I sit near.

Before I had 2 weeks off I kept a stash of ginger biscuits in my desk drawers so just grabbed one if I felt a bit queasy. I also made sure I took regular breaks by walking around and making excuses to go and talk to colleagues on other floors / other side of the floor. It all seemed to help. Good luck!

The problem is that my line manager is off with a bad back and although everyone else knows, a lot of them have never been pregnant so just can't muster up the sympathy lol!!
I think I'll just have to say it's either let me go for a break or I'll puke on the shop floor...or fall asleep on the till :)

Have had a really stinking cold all week but that's starting to go now so maybe I'll get a teensy bit of energy back...

Well I coped! Went straight to bed when I got in at 7, but didn't complain too much throughout the day. Luckily was mainly working with a mother of 3 who completely understands!
Survived on half a packet of krackawheat and a bowl of supernoodles :)

well done for coping! It won't be too long before you start feeling better too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back