Very happy but constantly worrying!!

HanStar83

Reaction score
Hi ladies...congratulations to everyone!
I had 2 positive tests last week, last period was 7th Nov so think I'm due Aug 14th (ish).
Iv waited so long to get pregnant so it was a bit of a shock to get that positive! I'm soo happy obviously but also very worried at the same time. I so want everything to go smoothly but am also soo worried about mc. Iv taken a few days off work but I'm terrified of going back now until I get to 12 wks! Is anyone else like this? I'm not sleeping at all well, and every little twinge sets me off!
Iv booked a private early scan. Having it 21st Dec so should be about 6 wks by then.

Hi chick, my dates are similar to yours LMP 2nd nov so est due date 8th August.
I feel exactly the same, Ive got two children but had complications with my last pregnancy so now find myself googlying everything and anything, reading forums etc. Luckily Im getting a scan on the NHS on 19th Nov to check all is ok as previous mc.
Its normal for it to be constantly on your mind. Im a hairdresser and the hardest thing I find is not telling people, infact I have let it slip to a couple of clients!
As for work honey youve just got to get back into it as the 40 weeks of pregnancy are extremely long ones so best to keep yourself busy. Keep me updated xxx

Hi hun, congratulations on your news! I'm feeling exactly the same as you, I'm due 7th August and this is my first baby. I'm finding myself reading too much into everything and am constantly worried. I too have booked a private scan for 21st Dec (same day as yours!) So hopefully this will put our minds at rest a bit. xx

Thanks girls. Im going to the Drs this afternoon for a chat as I have lots of q's and I'm hoping this will reassure me.

Hey Ladies,

I feel execatly the same, this is our first pregnancy and I am always petrified of doing things wrong. Never know how much is too much!! Hubby doesn't think we should have a private scan, I can see his point, what is meant to be will be but it doesn't stop me wanting to see our little baby.... 7 weeks seems like such a long time to wait.

Still have symptoms but have no mroning sickness yet.... which again causes me to worry!!

xx

Hey Ladies,

I feel execatly the same, this is our first pregnancy and I am always petrified of doing things wrong. Never know how much is too much!! Hubby doesn't think we should have a private scan, I can see his point, what is meant to be will be but it doesn't stop me wanting to see our little baby.... 7 weeks seems like such a long time to wait.

Still have symptoms but have no mroning sickness yet.... which again causes me to worry!!

xx
morning sickness can be defined as feeling queasy or nauseous u dont actually have to be sick ( thank god ) i just felt sick with my last 2 pregs although if i ate a kebab ( which i was addicted to in my first preg) i would actually be sick.i tend to feel like my bowel is on fire in the morns and towards 5pm start feeling sick,dr's tend to think actual vomiting is your stomachs way of saying i think this is toxic.so try not to worry yourself to much after all some women can be into the second tri without realizing they are preg at all.seriously i knew 2 social workers who had no idea till about week 20+.
i only did a preg test to reassure myself i wasnt preg
only to find im preg ( shock as i have pcos and didnt think i had anything to worry about ) im sure u are fine but it is difficult not to be totally consumed and obsessed with being preg lol

Hey Ladies,

xx
morning sickness can be defined as feeling queasy or nauseous u dont actually have to be sick ( thank god ) i just felt sick with my last 2 pregs although if i ate a kebab ( which i was addicted to in my first preg) i would actually be sick.i tend to feel like my bowel is on fire in the morns and towards 5pm start feeling sick,dr's tend to think actual vomiting is your stomachs way of saying i think this is toxic.so try not to worry yourself to much after all some women can be into the second tri without realizing they are preg at all.seriously i knew 2 social workers who had no idea till about week 20+.
i only did a preg test to reassure myself i wasnt preg
only to find im preg ( shock as i have pcos and didnt think i had anything to worry about ) im sure u are fine but it is difficult not to be totally consumed and obsessed with being preg lol

Thanks hun.... it's just that I have not got any quesyness even.... but you are right some women don't know for months so clearly they have not experienced any syptoms.... or I have a high tollarance!? xx

I'm pg with my first. 5 weeks today and i am soooo happy but soooooo worried something is gonna go wrong. I've felt quite naseous when i get hungry but not actually been sick at all. I found out at 3 weeks and 4 days and have done 7 pg tests so far. Still got a few left which i will no doubt pee on aswell! I had quite alot of cramps to start off with but they have stopped now. I guess you cant help but worry no matter what. I just cant wait until my scan which is aaaaaaaaaages away- i wanna see my lil bean.

Hi girlies I found out I was pg on Friday and I'm absolutely terrified of it going wrong too! Took me since jan ttc to get here so I'm thrilled. Have felt a little nauseous on and off and tender boobs but that's it really! I keep worrying that I should feel worse but everyone is different I think!! Congrats to you all xx

Congratulations on ur bfp - Welcome to tri 1! xx

Hi, congrats!! I'm the same, google every little twinge & also staying away from work - sometimes when I feel completely fine but now worrying if I go back I'll have so much work to do that I'll get stressed out :/ arrrgh what to do!! Xx

I'm feeling reassured knowing I'm not the only one! The Dr was really nice. Has signed me off work for the week so I can try and stop being so anxious. It's hard though. Rolled over in bed just now and got sharp pain in my right hand side, so now I can't sleep! After only 4 hrs last night ud think I'd be exhausted but I'm wide awake!!

Congratulations on getting your Bfp hunni, The first trimester can be a very worrying one as I was the same very scared of misscarriage or not doing things right, hopefully your mind will be put at rest when you get your first scan and see bubs for the first time :D xx

So my worrying is now x1000! Had some brown discharge (sorry!) this morning when I went for a wee then back to normal then same again just now. I rang midwife and I have a scan on fri morning. Just want to cry! All bf said was 'itl be fine' which isnt helping!!

my first pregancy ended in M/C back in march and we've only just managed to get pregnant again so i'm just as worried. I've not been to my dr's yet but I'm hoping that they might send me for an early scan to make sure everything is ok with this one (Mind you we saw the heartbeating and was told that there would only be a 3% chance of losing it from that point and I still did so I don't think it would put my mind at ease!)

Lots of sticky baby dust to all!

So my worrying is now x1000! Had some brown discharge (sorry!) this morning when I went for a wee then back to normal then same again just now. I rang midwife and I have a scan on fri morning. Just want to cry! All bf said was 'itl be fine' which isnt helping!!

Good luck to all of you! I'm about to move to tri 2, but just wanted to say a little something... I had brown spotting, some of it quite dark, around what would have been 5 weeks for me, and it went on for more than ten days! I didn't know I was pg at the time, so I thought it was a weird af, since I was only just off the pill. So if you get a bit of brown spotting early on, it might be nothing at all! Just implantation bleeding, or decidual bleeding.

Fingers crossed for you all xxx :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back