Dont download Sweet IM

Melly+2

Reaction score
Its a virus, down loaded it for the icons and emotions to have on msn, it ended up crashing my msn whenever i talked to some one, ive had to reinstall it, Hope it hasnt given my computer a virus and just gonna see if i can down load msn again :x

why do ppl make viruses grrrrrr theres no need :twisted: piss me off!

It wont go off of my msn text box, can anyone help?

you need to not only get rid of the stuff you downloaded but also get rid of the files it wrote onto your hard-drive. Most virus scans do the job but I found this for you

Just type in Sweet IM wherever you see "Pesky" below.

DELETING PROBLEM FILES OR SOFTWARE FROM YOUR PC

Let’s assume the problem File/Software/Virus, etc. is named “Pesky” and you want to remove it from your PC.

Where ever you see the name “pesky” below, you will need to insert the actual name of the file/software/virus, etc. that you are trying to remove.

Click on Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove any “PESKY” programs residing there.

Now click on Start > Search > For Files or Folders > All Files and Folders
type in “PESKY” in the top box and let the computer do a complete search of your hard drive.
When it is done, click on Edit at the top of the window and click on Select All
Then click on File and click on Delete. It will ask you if you want to remove them. Click on Yes.

If you want to REALLY finish the job:

NOTE: DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY OTHER THAN WHAT I MENTION HERE. If you are not familiar with editing the registry and you do other things you may give yourself some big headaches.

Click on Start > Run >
type in regedit
click once on the very top directory in the left hand pane to hilite it.
Hold down Ctrl + F; this will open a search window
type in “PESKY” and then click on Find Next
when it finds an “PESKY” entry, right click on it and select Delete and yes. (Do this if it is a folder in the left hand pane or if it is an entry in the right hand pane)
Hold down Ctrl + F again and repeat the process until you have cleaned your registry of all “PESKY” items.
This may be a very tedious process so hang in there.

When you think you have it all out. Go back up to the top directory in the left pane, hilite it, and search for “PESKY” once again just to make sure you didn't miss any.

Once you are completely done. Reboot your PC. This will reset the registry without all the “PESKY” entries and you should be rid of your problem.

two of the files wont delete, it says denied acceses :?

trixipaws said:
why do ppl make viruses grrrrrr theres no need :twisted: p*ss me off!

Ive heard it is sometimes to show software companies their 'talents' so they can get jobs as anti-virus software writers :wall:

tangerinedream said:
trixipaws said:
why do ppl make viruses grrrrrr theres no need :twisted: p*ss me off!

Ive heard it is sometimes to show software companies their 'talents' so they can get jobs as anti-virus software writers :wall:

nah its usually just nerdy spotty teenagers who do it to gain notoriety and fame in the IT nerd world :rotfl:

Mel, if its saying access denied it may cos its running with msn, so make sure msn is closed and then try again :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back