• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Doh!? What week am i in?

KateQPR

Reaction score
I know it's a silly question, but what week of development are you in based on how the pregnancy calender works?

I'm 9+1 at the moment. Does that mean that technically i'm now in week 10? (ie, completed week 9 already..)

Just wondered....

no you are 9 weeks and 1 day so when it gets to 9+7 you will be 10 weeks..

i think... :think: all a bit confusing isnt it!!

What Fran said

9+1 is 9 weeks and 1 day pregnant.

Sorry i'm being thick...but if i go back to my last period date and count the weeks, (which was 1 june) i can count nine complete weeks, meaning the +1 bit of 9+1 means it's actually in week ten!!

sorry for clutching at straws, but i'm desperately trying to reassure myself that my drop in m/s is because i'm entering into the beginning of week 10!! :pray:

I'd stop trying to count for reassurance as you'll do your head in.

You take the first day of your last period and go from that. But its not an exact science depending on when you ovulated and conceived. Don't fret about a few days as its not worth upsetting yourself about. You are according to your ticker 9 weeks and 1 day. You will be 10 weeks pregnant when it says 10 weeks ;)

Your body sounds like its doing its thing and adjusting as it needs to. Every woman is different and there is no set time to when things happen in pregnancy. Each woman will be slightly different. Stop comparing to a chart as it can only give rough guides as to when things may change or happen.

Morning sickness can come and go. As time goes in in early pregnancy many women find it eases or stops. Its not unusual or anything to worry about. Your placenta is taking over also and doing the work. There is no set time for morning sickness to start or finish.

thanks Sherlock. You are always a guaranteed voice of reason!

Hi Kate,
You are in your 10th week of pregnancy even though your only 9+1. When I get my weekly emails off baby center they always say "you are 17 weeks pregnant or in your 18th week if thats how you prefer to count it". Hope that helps a little, Love Lisa xxx

KateQPR said:
Sorry i'm being thick...but if i go back to my last period date and count the weeks, (which was 1 june) i can count nine complete weeks, meaning the +1 bit of 9+1 means it's actually in week ten!!

sorry for clutching at straws, but i'm desperately trying to reassure myself that my drop in m/s is because i'm entering into the beginning of week 10!! :pray:

i can understand that kate!! :wave:
when i had my early scan (after my scare) the lady put me a week back so that miffed me off! :evil:
when i count my weeks i still think "hmm id be in week ? f i had not been put back a week!!"

i go with what lisajemma says when i went to doc i said im only 4 wks + 2 days it doesnt seem much, she said well look at it as your now in your 5th week coz you have four complete weeks done now youre into your 5th, hope that makes sense :? :hug:

It took me a few reads to understand :doh: but yeah I get what you mean now. We are in our 10th week but haven't got to 10 full weeks yet :D

lisajemma said:
Hi Kate,
You are in your 10th week of pregnancy even though your only 9+1. When I get my weekly emails off baby center they always say "you are 17 weeks pregnant or in your 18th week if thats how you prefer to count it". Hope that helps a little, Love Lisa xxx
That's what I was going to say! Most of my books and online say you are 9 weeks and 1 day pregnant or in your 10th week :D x

you are in week 10 (but are not 10 weeks yet!)

It doesn't help when there are conflicting dates with the midwife and the hospital?!! My midwife has gone from the date of my last period, making me nearly 11 weeks. The special unit I am currently attending have scanned me a few times now ans say I am nearly 12 weeks. I like to think I am somewhere in the middle as the morning sickness is still on full attack!!! :puke:

I just round up or down, today as I'm 37+4 I would tell people I'm 38 weeks if anyone was to ask. Yesterday if someone asked I would have said 37 as I was 37+3 and rounded down.

I am 12 weeks tomorrow! which means I am in my 13th week on THursday and will be leaving all you lovely ladies to go to Tri 2!

:cheer:

Snooky said:
I am 12 weeks tomorrow! which means I am in my 13th week on THursday and will be leaving all you lovely ladies to go to Tri 2!

:cheer:

yay!!
congrats!!!!!!!!! :cheer:

Ah ok, I was just going to ask that! So on the day that I'm 12 weeks does that mean I'm in 2nd Tri or is it the day that i'm 13 weeks? So confused!

+++

Rosebay said:
Ah ok, I was just going to ask that! So on the day that I'm 12 weeks does that mean I'm in 2nd Tri or is it the day that i'm 13 weeks? So confused!

+++
On the day you turn 13 weeks you enter tri2 :hug: Just go by your ticker.

If someone asks me how far I am, I say "I was 38 weeks yesterday" etc etc... Like, on Wednesday, I'll be saying "I'm 39 weeks on Friday"

I dunno, in the earlier weeks I used to say I was "in my 8th week of pregancy" when I was 7+4 for example...

Hope that makes sense! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back