Does your car cost 1000 or less!

Ive had a few cars, for reliability and safety go for VW golf or polo. Nissan bluebird was fab, just ran and ran. Worst one was peugeot 205, bits kept falling off, pain to get parts, unreliable etc etc. Have a Y reg vauxhall astra now, although over the £1k budget its worth looking at the older models as I've had mine 6 years and only ever needed one part.

Right after speaking to my daddy he wants me to have his old car... but the insurance on that is going to be huge and we sadly cant afford it, otherwise taht would have been perfect.

Anyway to cut a long story short need your help again girls...

we are now looking at ford fiestas... so does anyone have one of these?? My Dad says we wouldnt make it to b'ham in one :roll:
(basicly I think he wants us to not buy a car and have his)

Is a Ford Fiesta reliable? Will it gets us around with no problems? I dont want it braking down with 2 kids in the back :?

i had a g-reg ford fiesta as my frst car and i would say they were very reliable. It was very good and had no problems until it died on me about a year after i got it, but it only cost £150 and had 4 gears (no 5th :shock: )and it was almost totalled twice, so you can imagine what it was like when we got it.
i would recommend buying a ford as they are reliable cars and really cheap to insure, i have a ka just now (same insurace group) i have 3 years no-claims and i pay £20 a month insurance. :D

I had a H reg ford fiesta, was only a 1.0 so cheap to insure, and was a great little motor!

I drove mine to loads of places, up & down the country no bother.......and it defintiely got me to Birmingham (as I lived there at the time :rotfl: )

Emmylou said:
I had a H reg ford fiesta, was only a 1.0 so cheap to insure, and was a great little motor!

I drove mine to loads of places, up & down the country no bother.......and it defintiely got me to Birmingham (as I lived there at the time :rotfl: )

:lol: Silly billy!

Thanks for replys still looking, will let you know when I find one. Looks like I might be getting my parents car :? should really complain if its free and alot more money than I can aford to pay for buying a car.

My first car was a Ford Fiesta which was very cheap - easy to repair if necessary with cheap insurance and tax. Cant go wrong really!

My dh had a fiesta as his first car and it was brilliant! Cheap to insure, cheap to run and if anything goes wrong the parts are a lot cheaper! Brill car, I miss it :(. Got a peugeot 306 now and it's rubbish had nothing but problems! Cost us a fortune!

I got p re corsa £1200 mileage was only 49000 and car is immaculate it cost £250 to insure including full break down with Police Mutual, and it was £115.00 to tax for 12 months

Still looking for a car. Were meant to be getting my parents, but they have changed their mind :wall: Were thinking about a corsa now lol

Anyone have one of these??

I had an corsa it was my first car my mum gave me her old one... i loved it... :D

I'm on my 3rd one lol first one was written off in accident second one i sold when i emigrated and then bought the on i got now, cheap for repairs too :)

weve got a peugot 205 that we bought for £300 and my first car cost me £85 it was VW polo an old one bought it when i was 17 lasted ages :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back