Does this seem right?

hugsy

Reaction score
Just wondering if this seems right

Kayla has been feeding all over the place, she can go anything from 1 hour to 5 hours between bottles and have anything from 60 mls to 120, and sometimes with the 120 she will go so mad i end up giving an extra 20 or 30 half hour later

We had been recording alll her feeds so iv aded them up for the last week and this is what she has had in 24 hours each day

650 so far today with 1 or more feeds to go

Does it seem too much for a 2 week old? they say averagee of 90 mls per bottle for first 2 weeks then 120 from 2 weeks but jst thinking if she been having 120 for the lasst week or more should i be upping to 140 bottles or would that be too much for her littel tummy?

Her last 3 feds today have all been 2 hours apart and 80 , 100 and 70mls so had i made 140 she wouldnt have drank it all anywaybut then had i given her more at the feeds where she took the 120 maybe she would be more satisfied?

shes been very restless and unsettled the last few days too so maye its hunger? and not colic or reflux like i was thinking

Hugsy, this pattern sounds similar to my LO. She take between 500ml and 600ml every day - but can take as much as 150ml in one feed and as little as 40mlin another feed... Really all over the place. Sometimes needs feeding every two hours, sometimes waits longer. I am going with her needs and demands at the moment, but not sure I am doing it right. Emily is three and a half weeks old now.

All babies are different but it sounds ok I think, Jake used to only have 3 or 4 oz every 3 hours at that age, have to be careful not to overfeed too as that will make them upset and they wont settle xxx

Last edited:
Thanks girls

had mw app today and she seemed happy enough, the little pudding has but on 10.5 oz since her visit last week LOL so gues shes jut having her first proper growth spurt

She said to give her 150 ml bottles at the times she seems to take the full 120 and see if she wants to take that bit more and that she will prob only finish it once or twice a day and continue to just take 60 to 120 at the other feeds

its just so confusing not knowing what they want at such a tiney age

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back