Does/has anyone work for a mobile phone company?

Flame

Reaction score
Or anyone know about customer rights?

Basically i sent my broken mobile phone off for repair and was told i would get a brand new phone sent to me and i questioned them at the time to make sure it was definately going to be a brand new one and not a refurbishment and the guy said it would be a new one. Well i have received it THROUGH MY LETTER BOX!!! so it wasnt even signed for!! and it is a refurbishment!! I have rang them and they keep telling me that it was always going to be a refurbishment cause that is what they send out for replacements, i am sure that they cannot tell me that i will get a new phone and then send me a replacement?? I told them i wanted to cancel my contract then and they were not getting a penny so they said they would put me through to disconnections but i would get a black mark against my name and that it would be taken to there debt collectors agency. I asked to speak to a manager once through to them to try and get it sorted and he said he couldnt do anything i would have to speak to repairs, which i have tried to do twice and they put the phone down on me every time without me even speaking!, So now i dont know whether they are going to cut me off and i dont know what to do.

Sorry for the huge rant but i am pretty Peed off with it.

What company are you with?

I work for Orange.

Your rights in terms of a replacement are.. if your phone is faulty within 28 days of purchase/upgrade then you are entitled to a brand new replacement, if it is after this time then it would be a refurbished replacement.

You can disconnect if you want and they can't black mark your name, unless you just refused to pay the bills. If your within a contract then you would be liable for all contract charges up until the end of your contract.. unfortunately that applies regardless of whther your phone faulty or not. As long as they are offering you a replacement (refurb or new) then they are sticking to their terms of agreement.

Hope that makes sense :hug:

Yeah thats what they said pretty much, but what annoys me is they told me i would get a brand new phone yet i have a refurbishment. And i dont know whether they did go ahead and disconnect me or not. Would i have been disconnected already if they were going to do it?

They probably won't have disconnected you, if your phone goes off within 24 hours then they will have but unless you've agreed with them verbally and clearly that you definately want it disconnecting they probably won't have.

I know it's a pain, especially if you've been given incorrect information. What I would do is email them explaining the situation and asking them for compensation, no point on the phone cos most are numpties (except me of course :lol: ) They may give you a brand new replacement. Just push for something to be done. Mention in the email you are considering going to OFCOM (communications regulator) most companies want to keep their complaints to OFCOM as low as possible so that would go in your favour.

Thats just something you could try but obviously its not guaranteed to work :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back