• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does anyone know...

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
...if you can be late for your period, have a BFN and still be pregnant? I've forgotten all this stuff. My cycle is usually 28 days like clockwork. I tested positive at two days late last pregnancy. I've tested negative today, and I'm 4 days late? Not really trying to conceive but not trying not to either if you get my drift, and our BD this month has been in our "safe" times.

Advice appreciated, thanks!

Sue

Hi

From what i understand some dont get BFP for up to two weeks afterwards. Good luck !! Maybe if you get yoru BFP you will come here more :D

Katrina

yes its possible to get a false negative, it could be that you havent got enough pg hormone to show up yet on a test. what test did you use? if your 4 days late and want to test again then cb normal are sensitive and should hopefully pick up for you if your af still doesnt arrive. good luck and let us know!

:wall:
Tested again this morning when still no sign of AF and another BFN!!! This is so frustrating!

I've read that the possible reasons for missing a period (I've never missed except while pregnant) are stress - not really stressed right now; thyroid problems - I had my thyroid function tested recently and it's normal; or pregnancy!

AAAARGH and OH is being so reasonable about it all...doesn't seem to understand that it's driving me mad not knowing one way or the other.

Going to the doctor tomorrow.

Sue

Oh and the test I'm using is Clear Blue.

Sorry for sounding off half cocked guys. I've been really out of sorts for the last few days. I have some family issues at the moment that while not horrible are hard to think about without being sad.

Here's hoping! :D

Sue

Good Luck tomorrow, let us know asap! xxx

Ok - Doc says -

a) not pregnant.
b) it's normal to miss a period sometimes.
c) shouldn't get pregnant without at least 6 months' folic acid.

Then she gives me two more pregnancy tests, tells me to test in a week's time and she thinks it's just a missed period, one of my ovaries took a holiday.

Ah well...don't know whether to laugh or cry, it's been a fraught week.
I know, I'll do both... :rotfl: :(

Sue

Think this icon's better :x

How frustrating! :hug:

Yep, Minxy -

Never thought I'd say this, but I hope my period comes back if I'm not PG! They're all trouble etc etc, but I'm afraid of them not coming back at the same time!

:pray: :roll:

Sue

My friend had a lot of BFN's and then found out that she was pg at 16weeks!

it is possible ...

Tiny Sue said:
Yep, Minxy -

Never thought I'd say this, but I hope my period comes back if I'm not PG! They're all trouble etc etc, but I'm afraid of them not coming back at the same time!

:pray: :roll:

Sue

Lucky you getting given free tests from doctors, mine kept telling me to test in a week test again in two weeks but never gave me any tests to use!!!!

copied this quote from pee on a stick site hope its useful to you!

Can I still be pregnant if the test is negative (have a "false negative")? In a word, yes. You could be testing too early (before your baby is making enough pregnancy hormone to be detected by the test.) And some women (this is fairly rare, but possible) never get a positive urine test even when they're definitely pregnant (for some reason the hormone doesn't make it into their urine.) I have a friend who didn't get a positive HPT until 25 DPO! (With her second baby, a test at 23 DPO was negative . . . but a test on 30 DPO was positive. Oddly enough, with #3, her positive test came at only 12 DPO.) If you get a negative test but think you might be preggo anyway, wait a couple of days (giving the hCG hormone time to build up) and try again. It's not over until the fat lady sings-- and your period crashes the party.

If you are not monitoring your fertility in any way (OPK's, charting cervical mucus or basal temperature, ultrasounds) it becomes extra-tricky. There are two parts to every menstrual cycle: from the start of your period to ovulation, which can vary quite a bit in length, and from ovulation to your next period, which is usually consistent in length. (This second half is known as the "luteal phase," and the normal range is 10-16 days. It's normal for your typical luteal phase to vary by a day or two. For example, mine is normally 11 days, but 10 and 12 are not unheard of either. I have also had a couple of longer ones by total fluke.)

Because ovulation can happen at any time, it's possible your egg was delayed for some reason (stress, illness, travel, excitement.) This doesn't mean your period is actually "late" (it could arrive within the normal 10-16 days after ovulation), but rather than your entire cycle was delayed due to a later-than-usual ovulation.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm not pregnant. I tested yesterday again and saw what seemed to be a faint positive but it was an evap line because my period just arrived.

I don't know what's up with me. I wasn't planning to get pregnant, then all of a sudden I'm late and think I am. Then I get my period twelve days late and I'm devastated. I've been crying for the last ten minutes.

You'd think I'd know what I wanted :doh:

Ah well, back to the original plan of beginning TTC in April. Now my question is - do I call this day one, or day twelve?

Weirdness

Sue

i came on on wednesdeay and by yesterday afternoon i was finished...extremely short...im not sure what the hell is going on with my body....but least you have plenty of time to plan it, it will happen for you :moon:

The first day of your period is day one regardless of when it should of started good luck for April

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back