• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does anyone know anything about JavaScript?!?!

Slinky Sarah

Reaction score
HELP!!!

i am seriously gonna fail my course at this rate! if you saw my thread last night (pissed off) you will see that my tutors arent very good and approachable!
Well iv just seen what my final assignment is before i get the next part of my course...ITS TO PRODUCE MY OWN WEBPAGE IN JAVASCRIPT :shock: :cry:

Can anyone advise me on what the best easy to understand book would be to get please. I have the JavaScript step by step book but even though im gettin good marks on my assignments i just cant commit any of the stuff to memory and im getting in sucha state over it!!!

Im gonna fail and i cant afford to!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!

Sorry hun, I don't know JavaScript. If it had been HTML, ASP, flash/actionscript then I would be your woman! :lol:

I spoke to my OH though who knows JavaScript really well. He said try this site

http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp

..............Or you could do a search for 'JavaScript Tutorials' on google
Hun, also can you not talk to your tutor again? You have paid a lot of money for this course and they should be doing their jobs.
As for committing to memory, practice makes perfect! In time it will get easier. It takes a while to learn new information (or at least make it stick!) I can't remember every bit of code/tag off by heart but I have a good understanding of how a language works, for example 'ASP is not static like HTML but actually recalls its pages from a server' If you can grasp the basics of the language you are learning then you are half way there.
The rest you can learn (or look up when you need it! :wink: )

thank you for that site...ill havea good look at it in a little while...
I might be asking you stuff about HTML eventually too lmao!!!
Im gonn try them again, like you say its a hell of a lot of money to not get support :(

No worries hun if you need any help later, just ask. If I don't know my OH will :D
I'm pretty clued up on HTML and ASP. But my forte is flash/actionscript (and photoshop if your course covers that) I'm currently learning Flex which is the new flash! And awesome by the way!
My OH is a complete computer whiz at just about anything. He's the ultimate geek and wrote his first program when he was 4 :shock: I don't believe him either but he swears it's true! :lol:

bloody hell i def know where to come then lol.
It totally freaked me out reading that final assignment for this section though...Luckily i can take as long as i need to on it (home learning course lol).
I go onto perl next...oh the fun lol.
I get some pretty cool software eventually too...think its dreamweaver mainly, cant remember what else lol

Sarah&LJ said:

Perl is an ace programming language because it basically doesn't have any complicated syntax like Java does. You'll find it much easier to grasp and write in I promise. So don't panic :hug:

I did my whole honours project in JavaScript but pregnancy brain means I remmeber bugger all

debecca said:
Sarah&LJ said:

Perl is an ace programming language because it basically doesn't have any complicated syntax like Java does. You'll find it much easier to grasp and write in I promise. So don't panic :hug:
sorry i missed this!!!

Oh mi glad about that...i re read the page again and it says its a page in HTML but using JavaScript embedded and all that business. Im so scared about it! i cant even remeber HTML now omg

Sarah&LJ said:
I get some pretty cool software eventually too...think its dreamweaver mainly, cant remember what else lol

I'm giving up on Dreamweaver. Been using it for years and tbh its very drawn out in this day and age. I'm moving all my websites over to Wordpress :lol: Much easier. And the Flash that comes with it is the spawn of evil :evil: I like the pic editing, Fireworks though. But its blooming expensive as a package iirc, over £700 :shock:

Sherlock said:
Sarah&LJ said:

just found out what i get
- dreamweaver
- flash
- fireworks
and
- freehand

Basically the macromedida studio MX or something

Sarah&LJ said:
just found out what i get
- dreamweaver
- flash
- fireworks
and
- freehand

Basically the macromedida studio MX or something

So long as you don't have to pay for it :lol: As I said, IIRC a legal copy of that package is over £700. I only use Dreamweaver from it now and will be giving it up totally soon. I find it a pain in the arse to use and way too time consuming :wall: What takes me over an hour in Dreamweaver is done in 10 minutes via Wordpress now :roll: But I guess it depends what you are going to use it for. Have fun with it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back