does anyone else...

Krystal

Reaction score
refer to a radiator as a pipe? Cos I said to OH.. 'your jumper is on the pipes in the living room' and he was arguing for ages saying 'what you on about we don't have pipes' then when I pointed it out he said 'it's a bloody radiator not a pipe' and really didn't know what I was on about. :roll:

i have hear of it my nan used to say it all the time havent heard that for ages,

oh yeah when i was young i used to call it a heating machine :think:

dont ask me why lol :lol:

lol Tracy I must've heard it from my nan then :lol: grr i was hoping everyone would know what I was on about so I could tell OH he was the thick one :rotfl:

well i have heard of it so you can tell him that then lol :rotfl:

funniest thinngs we sometimes come out with, :hug:

yes, my dad says it. my OH works in the offices for a plumbing supply company and wondered what everyone was referring to when they talked about 'rads'. He was only about 6 months into the job before he realised they were talking about radiators :rotfl:

my OH says rads and I was like wtf is a rad

not heard "pipes" before, though sounds cool like that..

My OH is a plumber and say's Rad all the time. I have never heard him say pipes though, i'll ask him later see what he says.

No its always radiators in our house. It reminds me though (sorry to chnage the subject) my OH calls the TV remote control a 'button' lol :lol:

I call it a heater....ooooohhh and a telly remote is a "zapper or panel"

Princess_Puddles said:
No its always radiators in our house. It reminds me though (sorry to chnage the subject) my OH calls the TV remote control a 'button' lol :lol:

We have buttons too lol :roll:

radiators are just radiators to us.

As for the remote control, DH calls it a clicker and I call it a tic-tic

DH also calls a pavement a 'causey' which I find nutty lol. He's broad Yorkshire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back