Does anyone else get this?

Vickyleigh

Reaction score
I don't know if I'm going to be good at describing it because it feels weird but i'll give it a go.
Sometimes when the baby is really active and moving about alot I get this sudden quick sharp pain quite low down and sometimes it stings a little bit, I would say around the pubic bone area and just above it. It doesn't happen every time she moves about thank goodness but when I do feel it, it really makes me jump and shout ouch.
It feels like she has one of them claw hammer thingys and is trying to dig her way out of there!
Does it sound normal and does anyone else get this?

No sorry hun, I used to get the feeling that someone is messing with my 'down belows' but it wasnt painful, just strange. I dont get it so much anymore now he or she is so squashed up

yes i used to get that before millie turned at 36 weeks, she was breech before then. get ur MW to check LO position :hug:

I wouldn't say what I feel is stinging/sore etc but it can be uncomfortable and strange feeling, I did feel slightly more before LO turned...now he's head down it's more just a feeling of pressure. I get the odd cramping feeling and sometimes a stinging type pain with BH contractions but that's about it.

Yep, its just the baby os in a akward postion and is trying to get comfortable, i still get them every now and then

Yep, I get it.
The other day i was crossing a busy road when it happened - didn't think I was going to make it too the other side!

Piglet xx

Yes I get this too :( I generally feel like I have to go to toilet straight after this sharp pain though so might have something to do with the water infection I have :? I'm taking antibiotics at mo :(

Thats what it feels like for me Snuggle. Sometimes when I feel the sharp stingy pain it makes me want to have a wee.
I'm sure I haven't got an infection because I saw the midwife less then a week ago and she said my urine was fine but it could have suddenly developed I suppose but it does feel like it's something the baby is doing.

I think I've gotten this too - feels more like a flick than a kick? ouch it hurts!

Vickyleigh said:
Thats what it feels like for me Snuggle. Sometimes when I feel the sharp stingy pain it makes me want to have a wee.
I'm sure I haven't got an infection because I saw the midwife less then a week ago and she said my urine was fine but it could have suddenly developed I suppose but it does feel like it's something the baby is doing.

It can come on all of a sudden Vickyleigh so get checked again just incase you have an infection. My results only showed an infection when the wee was taken away to be checked, it didnt show an infection with the little test stick :? Then again, your LO may just be in a funny position trying to get comfy :wink:

i used to get these sharp stings before she turned and i think its your LO kicking you bladder. it also made me feel like i needed go to the loo or you need to go toilet.

xxxxx

lol i meant to say like you need to go the the loo or cross your legs. stupid pregnancy brain.

xxxx

just seen my mw and mines engaged very low in my pelvis and the legs are right where my ribs are lol ouch :( finds them at night.

ive had sharp pains down tehre too i think its just lo for me now i know deffo shes engaged.

my fatehr in law to be thinks i wont make the 3weeks 2days. think he thinks baby come early :O which i think end of july.

LoL at least I know it can only be one or the other and not both :)

I get that. I asked my midwife and she said it could be the baby puling on the umbilical cord, which makes sense I suppose

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back