doctors appointment and glucose tolerance test

Melanie

Reaction score
I meet the doctor who will most likely deliver Thea tomorrow morning at 10 am. I will also meet my new midwife (she sounds nice I've spoken to her on the phone)

I also have the glucose tolerance text at this appointment, I'm a bit nervous about that because we don't have them done routinely where im from in England, its only if you show signs of needing one so i have no idea what its all about really!

My appointment is at the first med centre in Budapest (its an America run clinic dealing mainly with the Brits and Americans living in Budapest), i just hope Richard i can don't get lost on the way, bloody Richard decided we don't need anyone to take us he can get us there himself!

god mel. read your post too quick & read it as the doc will deliver thea tomorrow morning!!! :shock:

i was like shit, shes having the baby tomorrow!! have i missed something?!!!

re read it, so good luck for tomorrow.
how you enjoying life over there?

the glucose tollerence test is just a finger prick Melanie :hug: nothing to worry about. I had one done when i had my second as i kept showing signs of glucose in my urine. Its a good test to have done.
THey do them herewhere i am now but only if your BMI is above a certain level or something and of course if you show glucose. im glad your new midwife sounds nice. That makes it all good if you can get on.
Let us know how it all goes and don't stress about it too much. :hug:

actually thinking about it im not sure if i had my bloods taken or a finger prick test now :think: . i thikn it was both you know. Either oneits nothing to worry about .

foxymum said:
god mel. read your post too quick & read it as the doc will deliver thea tomorrow morning!!! :shock:

i was like sh*t, shes having the baby tomorrow!! have i missed something?!!!

re read it, so good luck for tomorrow.
how you enjoying life over there?

:rotfl: hahaha maybe i should have worded it better lol

Life is good so far :) We are really enjoying ourselves, Richards company are really good about giving him time off to be with me at the moment too which is great!

My glucose tolerance test was one where I had to fast from something like 8pm the previous night (IIRC), they took a blood sample at around 9am. They then gave me a glucose drink, I then had to go back 2 hours later (still not eating or drinking anything other than water), for another blood test. Thankfully it was all clear.

Nicky_Jones said:
My glucose tolerance test was one where I had to fast from something like 8pm the previous night (IIRC), they took a blood sample at around 9am. They then gave me a glucose drink, I then had to go back 2 hours later (still not eating or drinking anything other than water), for another blood test. Thankfully it was all clear.

This sounds like what im having as i have to go on an empty stomach and will be there for at least two hours according to the nurse.

I was really worried it would show up Gestational Diabetes but apparently my figures were 4.6 after the first test and 4.0 after the second so I was completely in the clear. I think I had just had too much sweat stuff during the day before going to the GP with a urine sample. Learnt my lesson after that, make sure I don't eat anything bad on the days I need to take urine samples with me :D

My boss had to have the same test and said the glucose drink she was given tasted like undiluted orange squash and was awful. Thankfully they have stopped supplying this to the GP's so my surgery now use lucasade which although I don't like it, isn't anywhere near as bad. My surgery were happy for me to go off and come back after the test 2 hrs later.

I have my glucose test this month too hun,i have to have it as my mum is diabetic :D,nothing to worry about at all,will be thinking of you :hug: xx

I have my second glucose test on Friday, my Mum also has diabetes so they want to be on the safe side. The downer is that you can't eat, you have a sickly drink and then have to sit for two hours! They did the finger prick with me and all was fine last time so I then went and celebrated with coffee and a big cake :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back