Do you need the gel with a Doppler?

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
Just ordered an angel sounds jump from amazon.
The gel seems a bit pricey for what it is, is it essential?
I could probably just "borrow" some from work if so.
When is the earliest you can hear hb? x

Gel wasn't essential. I didn't bother just used my bio oil and that was fine

It depends on when you can hear heartbeat. Sone people found theirs really early. I waited until I'd hears my mid wife listen for it at 16 weeks so I knew what to listen for. If you've not heard a babies heartbeat before can be quite hard to distinguish between theirs, yours and the blood going though placenta etc xx

I found mine from 13 weeks for definite may or may not have been him before that. lol. I used cocoa butter, vaseline, oil, anything liquidy really worked. Just make sure that you have a really full bladder and I was told baby is more awake and easier to find after you have eaten lunch or dinner which did seem to work. Now hes bigger I know that he is definitely awake then. lolx

I had gel with mine but just used moisturising cream cos it's good to rub in when finished. Didn't hear the hb or any movements on it til about 16 weeks though!! Xx

early on i found the gel better, i first heard around 9 weeks, then didnt hear anything again till 11 weeks so think i was just a bit lucky. after 12 weeks i just used bio oil or baby oil and could hear easily!

I always use gel with my angel sounds. The gel is ridiculously cheap on eBay. I got 3 bottles for 4.95. Also I found the sound quality to be better with it. Xxxx

That is cheap, it was £6 for a small tube on amazon x

No defo eBay honey. Just type on ultrasound gel. That's what I did and I got 3 bottles for price of 2 xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back