Do you get ov pain before or after?

star fish

Reaction score
I know I've been doing this a long time but I just cant work this one out! Sometimes it seems to be ahead and sometime after. I get it for about 4 hrs, and I know what it is as it feels the same when I get it.

But I have looked on the internet to try to work out if its just before or just after and get different opinions, does anyone actually know?

Also would a hot water bottle be good or bad for it? My accupuncturist says keep the tummy as warm as possible to aid conception, but I read that hot baths are a bad idea?

Sorry, several questions there!

I always have a hot water bottle when i have , maybe thats why i am not getting pregnant.

I to had heard not to have hot baths but i thought that was just for the men lol

I usually tend to go for hot water bottle when I get AF. Ovulation pain isnt nearly so bad so I dont know whether to try it.

But the timing thing is really bothering me, could it be a better indication than opks as they stay pos for a couple of days and might not be so accurate?

Last edited:
I thought it was "at the time of" lol. My accupuncturist also told me about keeping heat round that area. I thought that really hot baths were bad during pregnancy, but not beforehand as far as I know.

My accupuncturist told me to do the hot water bottle thing as well. A cold womb is bad according to them.

That settles it, I'm going to try hot water bottle. So you think the pain is the acutal ovulation? Not a pre-curser or an after effect?

And if so and i have it right now, should I get BD quickly? I thought I ovulated Sat night according to opks

Last edited:
I have just sent OH to get the hot water bottle lol

Anything is worth a try right ladys

Lol.. I was wondering the same thing today as I posted about Ov the other day.
I had Ov pain on Sunday night but only EWCM today?? Bit of a gap there!?

i think i get it before........on the day i get my positive..then it goes off as soon as test goes negative xx

i read somewhere that the pain is afterwards and an unreliable way of knowing when to have sex because its too late by the time you get the pain.

But I dont want that to be true :ignore:

oh god its a flipping nightmare this...lol..im gonna stick to my digital opks....it worked for me in jan xx

Well just going by Ov pain and cm this month I think I get the pain before. :eh:

Mine hasn't said anything about a hot water bottle! Grr. Will be adding this to my list of questions to annoy her ;)

Hi Hun,

I reckon my OV symptoms and positive OPKs were out of sync this month so I would assume the OV pain is the egg popping out and get busy!

xx

Well, this month for me, I got a positive opk on Sunday, then cramps on Monday and then CM today and opk's have gone back to negative. I suppose everyone is different though. Knowing me I didn't even ovulate anyway and it's more like my PCOS playing up and giving false readings and false pains lol :roll:

Can't tell if I've had OV pain this month. I pulled my back at weekend and so my back has been twingey ever since. Positive on a cheapie OPK but the Persona thingy hasn't given me an OV sign yet. I'm actually beginning to wonder of its working properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back