Do you celebrate Fathers Day?

mary70

Reaction score
we dont i just think it is a total scam to make money, i tell my dad i love him everytime i see him and buy him things when i see something he would like, it dont wait for one day that the card company picks

i voted yes because really and truly, we do buy him a gift. But it's done a bit reluctantly, like a routine thing, every year. Especially because we run out of inspiration for things to buy, year after year. It's become a bit of a chore now, a bit meaningless.

You can celebrate it without the need to spend money on cards or gifts. Just simply wishing daddy a happy fathers day would be nice, or doing something he liked that day, i.e. playing football in the park or cooking his favourite dinner. I tell my husband (daddy-to-be) that he's loved and adored etc daily, we never have a day without hugs and kisses but I love any opportunity to spoil him I suppose so days like Fathers Day are a bonus to me!!

I don't speak to my Dad (long story), so no. I think my husband buys a card for his Dad, though. And once our little one is here, I don't suppose I'll be able to resist doing something for Marc.

hubby doesnt speak to his dad

and well my dad makes me cry ( even at 25) cos his so horrid to me everyitme i see him , so no i dont get him a card cos they all say to a wondefull father and my isnt !

i voted that i do celebrate it but i dont spend money or buy cards we do the same as with mothers day, go for a dinner either at their house or in a pub and waite on him hand and foot. i usually get my little girl to draw a picture or make something to giv her daddy as a present cus those sort of gifts mean sooo much more than the ones you buy for them.

xxxxx

I get my dad a card and a present and Keeley has got her Daddy somethin too :D

i voted no because altho my M&D were married (divorced before i was 1) he may as well have been a sperm donor- he's never made an effort to be in my life

we do celebrate it :D
i buy my dad a card and present of me i also buy him 1 of the girls aswell as u can get the 1s 4 grandad
i buy the girls dad a card and present from them aswell and usually we all go out for a meal or somthing
deffo not gona happen this year as we aint 2gether but im sure he will come round n see the girls 4 a hour :D
x sophie x

I buy my dad here something - willingly for everything he does for us. I don't buy my other (away) dad anything (long story - don't ask :roll: ) because he basically does nothing for me. Josh buys DH a little something - like a mug or something and makes sure he has a card as his own children are horrible and selfish little grown up brats and don't bother - so Josh always gets him a card and thanks him for choosing to be his Dad. I cook a huge dinner of all his favourite stuff (generally whatevers on the M&S advert at the time - I swear he hears that voice when we're getting cuddly)

We will be this year. we usually buy cards anyway but we are having a party this year. Strange i know but we don't know how much longer he has left :(

all i really do is cook my mum or dad a nice meal of their choice on the friday as we have my grandad round on sundays and he is soooo picky

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back