Do we all say dopey things during labour?!

Annie050408

Reaction score
I'm just watching 'Baby Tales' on the Home and health channel (254 on sky) and every time I see these programmes the women always say things like 'it really hurts down there'.........eeerrrrrrr yes, of course it does! This is my first and I am expecting labour to be v.v.v.painful but I hope I don't come out with some of the things I hear on these programmes - probably will though :blush:

:rofl: someone was telling me about a friend who was on antenatal ward chatting to a girl next to her who thought the baby was gonna come out her belly button. She had to go and have a word with a midwife to go and tell her what was gonna happen. Can you imagine finding that out while youre in labour. :roll:

I said numerous times "i think I'd like to go home now" and "You'd better make this stop.....NOW" etc etc.

Strange how I was so coherent inside my head and everything was so real, but the things coming out of my mouth made me sound like a moron!

I was apparently just cracking really crap jokes all the way through lmao! whoopsy! x

I hardly said anything either Alice, in fact the midwife commented on how quiet I was - this was even through induced contractions with no pain relief which f*cking well hurt A LOT! :lol:

I don't tend to talk much when I am upset or in pain so I hope I'm like that.

OMG about that girl Tiny! Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear....

How on earth can you go into labour and still not know where the baby comes out?! Reminds me of a friend who was at baby group and someone started breastfeeding and some girl said something like omg I didn't realise that was what they were for :wall:

my mw said to my mum after I had k that she should be really proud of the way i was in labour :smug: I was the same with E apparently even tho I was screaming with panic inside! All I really said was I can feel the baby coming now!! Afterwards I didn't talk fir ages, I was in too much shock!

well am daft most of the time without being pregnant so being pregnant has just made me more stupid lol so i will prob say something ridiculous during labour lol

I said "Ffffff...." a lot during labour with DS. My parents would have been proud! I managed to restrain myself from swearing!! I think I said the usual "I can't do this anymore" a few times... but hey your body has other ideas :D Straight afterwards I told DH that I would do it again (obviously not immediately!!!).

I'm quiet during labour too. I tend to focus of my breathing and rocking my body. I might say the odd 'nope, can't lie down' but that's it. I'm kinda zoned out lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back