Do I or don't I?

Tasha89

Reaction score
I was asked to be chief bridesmaid at a close friends wedding this July which is great but she wants to do a weekend in blackpool this June for her hen do. I only ever intended on breastfeeding Evelyn for 6months but now i'd like to go until she's 12months.
She'll be 10months when we go to blackpool. I don't want to cancel but i'm not sure it'd be a good idea to leave her the whole weekend when still breastfeeding. I could go for one night I suppose.
To be honest I don't want leave her over night at all. I've only ever been out twice for about 3-4hours a time so far so i'm really worried.
What would you guys do? Xx

TBH I wouldnt like to stay out either, do you express and feed by bottles occasionally or is she exclusively breastfed, cos if it is the latter I would not stay out x

She's exclusively breastfed and has only taken expressed milk in a bottle on the two occasions i've been out.
I wouldn't be worried but I went out last night to the cinema and left Evie with OH. She took an oz and then point blank refused the bottle. He took her to my mum's and she also refused it off her. She only took it from the bottle off me when I got home which is concerning me.
She's always had her last feed from me on a night and I put her to bed.
I really don't want to let my friend down. She has two kids herself so she should understand but I sorta feel I should be there with her on her hen do.

When Sam was 10 months old I went away for a weekend with a friend...he was fine drinking from bottles and I had loads of milk in the freezer, but it was still really stressful - I had a great weekend but I had to try and pump as much as he'd be drinking to keep my supply up and by 10 months it's really hard to pump much - by the time I got back my boobs felt completely empty but I took domperidone (it's an anti sickness drug but one of its side effects is increased milk production - doctors won't give it to you though :blush:) and a day later I had loads of milk again... it was lovely to have a weekend away but I couldn't have done it with Toby as he has never drunk from anything except me!
If you think it's going to make you stressed is there any way you can go for one day, so you've made the effort to go but don't need to be away for so long? x x

Just saw your next post - if you're thinking about going I'd get someone else to give her a bottle at least once a week for the next few weeks and see how she is by then. Remember she will be having a lot less milk by 10 months and may be happy drinking from a sippy cup or something similar by then x

Just saw your next post - if you're thinking about going I'd get someone else to give her a bottle at least once a week for the next few weeks and see how she is by then. Remember she will be having a lot less milk by 10 months and may be happy drinking from a sippy cup or something similar by then x

that is a good idea I am going to note this for future ref, could changing the bottles help as well, Alex has the ctn and I know I should not use them we have had to use them to mix with colief and the teats have been ok for him x

I know what you mean as I was 5 months pregnant when my SIL had her hen do last year and I felt I let her down as it really wasnt suitable for me to attend, it was chocolate making and I couldnt stand the smell or taste and then off drinking and camping!>! Felt awful and kinda got given the guilt trip but at the end of the day my health and babies was most important. Your situ is a bit different but am sure you will make the right decision x:dance:

I think people who haven't had kids find it really hard to understand why you can't just leave them for a day or a weekend and can be quite upset if you say no - if you explain why it might be difficult in advance and let her know that you're going to spend the next few months trying with bottles,going to sleep with you feeding her last etc she's got to appreciate the effort! I still wouldn't leave Toby for a night and he's 15 months now :lol: I'm meant to be going to Nottingham for a girly weekend in Feb and I'm really not sure how I can leave him then...

Thanks for your help ladies! I think i'm just going to do one night instead of the whole weekend. I'm thinking of putting Evelyn on formula at 6 months so hopefully she'll have had enough practise of being put to sleep by Daddy by then...that's my next dilema! lol!

Thanks for your help ladies! I think i'm just going to do one night instead of the whole weekend. I'm thinking of putting Evelyn on formula at 6 months so hopefully she'll have had enough practise of being put to sleep by Daddy by then...that's my next dilema! lol!

Rob and I take turns in putting Emily to bed so she doesn't get used to just one of us :) rob does it a tad more often though....sings her to sleep :)

That is so sweet! I think if Jamie sang to Evelyn, it'd have the opposite effect! :rofl:

Lol!! It is really sweet he sings "little donkey, little donkey, on a dusty road..." lol!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back