• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Disposable Nappies....

ShadowWolf

Reaction score
We have had the best intentions in the world to use terry nappies but it is looking like due to space (or lack there of) and no such thing as a tumble dryer, we may have to resort to disposables.

I would like to know a few things about disposable nappies!

1) Is it best to stick with 1 brand or are you able to just buy whatever is on offer at the time? I prefer the latter for obvious money reasons but if it is best to just stick with one brand then i'm sure I can manage.

2) How many of each size is a baby like to get through? How many newborn sized nappies will a baby use before she is is big enough for the next size? I want to spend the next 5 months building a supply of nappies and I don't want to over buy on one size.

3) Do disposables affect toilet training at all? I had always assumed that one good thing about re-usable nappies is that they're NOT as absorbant as disposables, therefore it teaches baby that messing a nappy is uncomfortable and so teaches them that using a potty is best. Any experience stories would be appreciated.

I think that's everything... Feel free to tell me anything that isn't here, I want to know everything before I start buying them!

xxx

will be interested to see answers, i was wondering how many of each size you buy! x

Hi chick, I have always stuck with one brand (used the same brand 8 years ago with my eldest) but that's only because they work for me. I don't see any harm in changing them. I had no problem potty training kieran using sposies, I just used to keep his nappy off so he knew when he was weeing. I wouldn't buy too many size 1 and 2 nappies they don't seem to be in them long. Size 3 is the ones they seem to be in for a while.

I use sposies on Jacob because he goes poop about 6 times a day and has terrible sore bum but Lucas us a cloth bum baby. I live in a tiny flat and I also have no tumble drier (well I do but I have used it twice in 3 years) and reusables aren't a problem. I thought they would be a pain in the ass but there not xx

Im going to be using disposables but trying reusuable eventually. Ive got LOADS of newborn nappies as you'll get laods of vouchers and offers on them, so I paid about 50p or so for a pack. I think Ive probably brought too many as they don't stay in newborn for too long Ive been told.

I think its best to probably just buy size 1 and 2 as you'll find which nappies suit you better and which you prefer, rather than bulk buying in lots of sizes, iykwim.

Yoiu can swap and change brands how ever many times you like, just depends which suits baby better :)

Im not sure about the whole potty training thing (this is my first) but i cant imagine it would make like difficult using disposables as so many people use them.

Hope that helped a little :) x

i find theyre like clothes and fit differently so by swapping sizes u may find might be too big or small?? i have tried loads.. my personal pref. was pampers new baby for bout a month (i HATED the huggies new baby ones) and then i used pampers baby dry which were good but im now using huggies baby dry and i prefer these... :D youll prob try a fewtill u decide whats best for you anyway but dont judge the new baby ones try out diff ones when baby a month or two old till u find what u like... i think when madison is older like 1 i prob wouldnt mind changing more often as to whats on offer but atm im really happy with the huggies :D xx

oh and mel10 i did exact same as u had too many small sizes and i changed them in asda with no receipt and they just gave me the shop value at the time which was the same price as bigger sizes so ii swapped so use all ur coupons anyway lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back