discovery health

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
i am watching mum+one and the lady just had a bub girl and is gonna make placenta pate and eat it

yuk makes me feel sick thinking boout it lol
she thinks that it will help avoid PnD and give goodness back to her body is that true?

My placenta looked like it would give you food poisoning as soon as you looked at it lol Isaac was 10 days late so I think it had stopped working. The discovery health woman must have had a prime placenta. I think she's probably just trying to be far out and wacky for the camera's. If I needed nutrients that badly I'd get my ass down Holland and Barratts.

Lou :)

The placenta is full of nutrients.

I know in some traditions the husband cuts the umbilical cord and then eats the placenta, i dont know why though. :lol:

Each to their own :lol:

I can honestly say that has just turned my stomach right over!
I seriously wouldn't do it :shakehead:

Who in there right mind would ? ? :think:

i saw that one sarah dont they make it into pate?? urgghhhh

i watched another one once where she had it in her freezer and in the end they buried it under a rose bush. but she kept going on about eating her OH wasnt keen, they were a bit hippy like.

angiemum2b said:
I can honestly say that has just turned my stomach right over!
I seriously wouldn't do it :shakehead:

Who in there right mind would ? ? :think:

God knows? I know in some countries they do eat it but in some countries they also eat dogs :shock:

Lou :|

i know it's each to there own but really it's horrible the placenta has been inside you for 9 whole months, why eat it.

just let the hospital do what they want with it.

Well in them countries that eat dogs and all weird stuff I can say I won't be visiting!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

michelle82 said:
i saw that one sarah dont they make it into pate?? urgghhhh

i watched another one once where she had it in her freezer and in the end they buried it under a rose bush. but she kept going on about eating her OH wasnt keen, they were a bit hippy like.

I saw that one. Didn't they microwave it to defrost it and ended up cooking it a little bit by accident?

*heaves*

Lou :)

i could never eat it!

i couldnt even look at mine lol so i could never eat it lol

I wanted to see my placenta, I was quite interested to see what Ella had been living in for 9 months, plus I want to be a midwife, but I didnt see it :-( too busy being stiched up.

my midwife showed me mine and what did what, was realy interesting to see what had kept seren company and safe.

:cry: Im gutted I didnt get to see mine, dave saw it said it was mad lol

Yuuuuuuck! I saw my placenta - definately wouldn't want to eat it after seeing it!!!!

I've got a phobia of blood but actually asked to see it lol. Didn't bother me but I'd rather put something else on my toast :wink:

i learnt loads just watching all the baby progs on sky they are really good - scary sometimes!!

when i was pg i did nothing but watch d h&h, my oh threatened to cut off the sky he was sooooo sick of it lol. after the birth i can't bear to watch it anymore, brings back painful memories lol

thats exactly how i was all i did was watch it and must have seen all the episodes twice, but now i quickly flick past and occasionaly when i catch a birth i feel sick but teary eyed at the same time!!

i get all emotional watching a birth as well, bloody hormones!
and i too wanted to see my placenta but missed it as was gazing at my baby, forgot the world was still turning lol

i know some folk asked to take their placenta back home. they buried it in the garden but then the dog went out, dug it up and had it... lmao

Hi

I never saw mine cuz i was being sewn up, and Bernie was too chicken to go anywhere near where they had opened my tummy up lol.
But i would never ever ever eat it yuck
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back