Did your sweep work?

BEX101

Reaction score
Who had a sweep?

How far gone were you?

How dillated were you at the time?

How long before labour started (if at all)?

Just had mine at 40+6 (was bloody painfull) 0 cm's dillated, praying for a result :pray:

Had a sweep with my last pregnancy - I was 40+1. I was 1cm dilated.

After the sweep I had a niggley belly the rest of the day and I went into labour 3.30 the following morning. Had the sweep about 11 am so less than 24 hours later I started.

Had my sweep at 40+4 on the wednesday, didnt hurt wasnt dilated and went into labour the saturday so not sure if mine worked.

Hope yours does hun :hug:

How far gone were you? 5 days overdue

How dillated were you at the time? 1cm

How long before labour started (if at all)? Got sweep at 1.30pm thursday, started getting contractions by 8pm, waters broke around 10.45pm, in hosptital by midnight, had Evie at 4.20am friday morning

I remember reading that if you dont go into labour by 48hours after the sweep then it wount work for you. How favorable did she say your cervix was Bex? :D

How far gone were you? 10 days overdue

How dillated were you at the time? 1-2cm

How long before labour started (if at all)? Had sweep 9am Thursday, had cramps all day but not sure whether this was just a result of the sweep or actual contractions... waters broke naturally in hospital Friday 4pm, I had Ryan at 8.27pm.

So I guess yeah my sweep did work but I'd already started dilating anyway.

I was 40+3 when I had a sweep and I was 1cm and effacing. My waters broke 24 hours later and he was born at 40+5. So yes it did work.

little*red said:
I remember reading that if you dont go into labour by 48hours after the sweep then it wount work for you. How favorable did she say your cervix was Bex? :D

Well i wasnt dilated atall and she mentioned that the cervix was posterior (back) - aparently it comes forward as you get closer to labour, so i'm thiking not very favourable. :x

BEX101 said:
little*red said:

Well i wasnt dilated atall and she mentioned that the cervix was posterior (back) - aparently it comes forward as you get closer to labour, so i'm thiking not very favourable. :x

My cervix was back when i got my sweep too, but the midwife said that she had pulled it forward, so i dont know if that was why it set me off :think: , i was neither favourable or favourable. i hope it sets you off :hug:

40+0 = 1cm, nothing happened
40+4 = 2cm, show 2 days later
41+0 = 2cm, nothing happened
Waters broken at 42 weeks, 2-3cm, labour started almost instantly.

i had mine at 40+1 and i was 1cm dilated.
the cons was conviced it would do the trick but it didnt i still went to my induction date :shakehead: :shakehead:

Eblinx said:
i had mine at 40+1 and i was 1cm dilated.
the cons was conviced it would do the trick but it didnt i still went to my induction date :shakehead: :shakehead:

Snap.

Who had a sweep? I did

How far gone were you? 41+2

How dillated were you at the time? not at all

How long before labour started (if at all)? it didn't. I had to be induced at 42 weeks. Baby was born at 42+1

Who had a sweep? I did

How far gone were you? 39 weeks, 40, 41 and 42

How dillated were you at the time? every time about 1 - 2cm

How long before labour started (if at all)? it didn't. I had to be induced at 42 weeks. Baby was born at 42+1

my OH also gave me plenty of sweeps, dont think it helps much at all

yea think mine did forgot all about it until i saw this thread lol

we was in hosp about 6pm or leaving then and i was 1cm dilated come friday i was 8cm dilated. she made me break my waters friday at 5.30am so went hosp that was when we found out i was 8cm dilated then had her at 9.06am :) :dance:

hope it works for you :)

the thursday 7days o/d fri 8days o/d.

How far gone were you?
39+3 (my waters broke on the Tues night and I was still having irregular contractions on the Fri afternoon, thats why I had a s&s)

How dilated were you at the time?
7cm

How long before labour started (if at all)?
It didn't, the S&S made me go down to 4cm dilated, so I was then induced 10hrs later with an oxytocin drip (wouldn't recommend it)

I had a sweep the day before I was due. I was 2 cm had dull ache all day went to bed and woke up at 1am in labour :cheer: Meant Lewis was born on his due date.

i was gonna have a sweep on my due date but the midwife said i wasnt ready (after she poked around) to do it.

i went into labout 48 hrs later.

I was 40+8 when I had my sweep and it didn't work. It was very painful and uncomfortable too

I had a sweep with both of my pregnancies.

1st one was 9 days overdue and 2 cm already, went into labour that night!

2nd pregnancy I was 6 days overdue and not dilated but told I was very 'soft'! had the sweep at 5pm and went into labour 11 hours later!

I swear by the sweep now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back