• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Diahorrea and Sickness?????

Tan

Reaction score
Has anyone else had problems with diahorrea and sickness around this stage of their pregnancy?

Basically, I went to Cyprus last week and on the first night I was really sick with horrible stomach cramps and had diahorrea too (Was one of those "put head or bum in toilet?" moments!) Anyway, I put it down to eating some dodgy chicken that night even though DH had had the same and was fine.

Anyway, I came back Wednesday night and again last night I was sat on the toilet with what felt like my entire insides falling out my bum! (Sorry TMI :oops: !) Again I had really bad stomach cramps and did the usual panicking bit about the baby. I wasn't sick this time though but I did feel like I wanted to be.

Do you think it could be pregnancy related or just a coincidence or being unsettled with going away etc???? I'm feeling a bit better now but it was funny cause I had a reflexologist appointment yesterday morning and she asked if my bowels had been ok and I said they had.

I'm normally quite relaxed about my pregnancy but everything seems to be horrible this time round and there's always something wrong with me!!

Tan xx

yes i have either been constipated or had the runs since finding out i was pregnant. My midwife said its your muscles relaxing with the hormones produced on pregnancy. She said it should settle down soon.

I think you're much more prone to food poisoning during pregnancy so the slightest different thing you might not have noticed before won't affect those around you but can make you ill.

That's why you have to give up all those lovely rare and unpasteurised foods!

I remember reading it's something to do with your system letting it's immune guard down to allow your baby (who, after all is half someone else's cells) develop without attacking it!

It could be so much as a tiny dodgy bit of chicken or an ice cube, but you'll feel every bit!

Hi Tan

I have had the "runs" on and off since finding out i was pregnant! And now and for about the past week it has started to be every morning :oops: , i was wondering too if it was pregnancy related as i feel fine by about dinner time!

I too seem to have had everything and anything wrong with me in this pregnancy! All i seem to do is moan about it! I have something new to moan about to poor oh everyday lol! He is great tho bless him!

Hi hun, it could have just been a tummy bug maybe? Not neccessary pregnancy related, or do you get it on a regular basis? Just a thought x

i'd still speak to the MD... you don't want to become dehydrated.. could be a food bug as the others have said or hormones! but you want to make sure the baby is still getting all the nutrients it needs right now!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back