• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DH running for prem babies today

Rosieroo

Reaction score
I'm really proud of DH, he's doing his first half marathon (13.1 miles) on behalf of Derriford Hospital Neonatal Unit today :cheer: He's running as I type!

As some of you know my stepsister gave birth to a little boy last September, he was born at 25 weeks and unfortunately was quite badly injured as he got stuck and it took several attempts to free him with forceps. He was transferred to Derriford where he passed away at just a few hours old, but he fought valiantly to cling onto life for that long. Before he died he opened his eyes and held onto both my stepsister and her OHs finger, he lasted 40 mins without the ventilator.

After he passed away the hospital were brilliant, they organised a room with facilities for stepsister, dressed the little baby and put him in a moses basket so he looked like he was sleeping. They also took lots of pics and his foot/hand prints and burned them to a cd, all the things that you'd want when looking back but at the time wouldn't feel up to doing.

So far DH has raised £250, with another approx £350 of sponsorships to come after he's run this race which will take the amount raised to approx £1600 for the unit. Hopefully that will help out any other teeny babies that are born there.

good on him, think he's amazing to do this

oh kina im so so royy i didnt know anything about what your family went through and still is going through :( :hug:

Your OH is brilliant for doing this for the unti :) I hope he gets on well and you all will be in my thoughts :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thats an amazing thing to do !!!

I hope he isnt too rough afterwards.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aww thats a lovely thing to do i hope he doesnt feel too rough afterwards my BIL is running in that race today too. :D

Oh Kina, that's wonderful! What a brilliant cause and a very personal reason to support it.

You must be so proud of him.

Valentine Xxx

wow what a nice thing to do.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: hope he reaches his target :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Bloom said:
Aww thats a lovely thing to do i hope he doesnt feel too rough afterwards my BIL is running in that race today too. :D

Cool! Do you know how he did? DH was aiming to do it in under 2 hours as it was his first half marathon, he managed 1hr 53mins which he was pleased with. Said he could have done better but he was bloody starving and was salivating at the thought of a burger and cola bottles at the end :rotfl: DH doesn't normally like junk food so he must have been hungry :lol: (when he finished he ate 3 bananas, a burger, can of coke then came home and ate an egg wrap and chocolate cake and cream :shock: ) He also got really bad chafage between the legs and a cracked nipple from his t-shirt, he said he knows what I felt like now when I was breastfeeding (as if!) and when I was a heffer and my legs rubbed together when we were on holiday :shakehead:

Thats brilliant to hear. My OH's nephew was born premature and only weighed 2lbs! I always like to see people doing things for charity.

Claire x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back