Descaling steriliser

Crackers

Reaction score
Ive got the Tommee Tippee steam steriliser and not quite sure how to descale it! Ive only been using it about 2 weeks, but want to keep on top of things rather than let any limescale build up. I'm guessing there's probably info in tge instructions, but hubby has 'helpfully' put a pike of instruction booklets away somewhere safe, and he's at work all day now...

Any tips welcome!

Get some Descailer from boots works a treat I do mine every 2-3 weeks it a couple of quid I think and you get 4or6 sachets of the stuff in it xx

xxx

Is it just regular descaler, like what you use for kettles etc?

How exactly do you use it? I've only ever done it with a shower head, and there's instructions for that on the pack!

Yeah you put it in and some water run the steriliser and rinse it out comes out sparkling :) x

xxx

Excellent, thank you very much!

I've got a job to do today then ;-)

Is that the white stuff that gets stuck on it? I was gonna ask today! Can u use any or must it be for sterilisers?

The tommee tippee instructions say to do it every 4 weeks x

I'd imagine it depends on the softness of the water in the area you live in as to how often it needs doing (plus how often you actually use it!). We have really hard water here, so our kettle needs descaling quite often. I know my in laws have soft water and their kettle hardly ever gets furred up.

I use the Milton cold water steriliser, so don't need to descale it! :)

After you've done your bottles put white vinegar in it, the same amount you'd use for water or maybe a tiny bit more, and turn it on. Leave the vinegar sitting at the bottom as long as possible (til the next day?) then rinse out the scales with cold water. Better than risking chemicals.

I have to do mine 4 weeks as we live in a hard water area x

xxx

I'm so glad I read this! I didn't even know they needed de scaled :O x

I have so much to learn :( I know Ill be on here in 4 months asking the stupidest questions! xx

My OH is a non chemical cleaning freak!!!

He just uses white vinegar as he does on all our appliances as we live in a hard water area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back