Tommee Tippee microwave steriliser instructions?

Little Bump

Reaction score
Hi all.

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong place, after a quick scout around it seemed the most logical place to post....

I've been given a Tommee Tippee Microwave Steam Steriliser by one of my OH's friends. He has no idea how to use it but seemed to think that all women have some sort of universal instructions implanted somewhere :rotfl: Well I don't know about you lot but I don't!

I've had a scout about online and can't find the same model as this online....but there's one for sale on ebay;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOMMEE-TIPPEE-MIC ... .m14.l1318

Soooooo...can anyone tell me how to use it? From that ebay page I've established that it needs 200 mls of water, but the 2 minutes? Surely that's on a higher power setting?

Also, stacking the bottles etc...which way up they'll go etc...

I was expecting to go and buy a steriliser anyway, so if I can't get instructions it's not the end of the world, but it'd be nice to save a few pennies if someone could tell me how to use it if you know what I mean?

Thanks in advance, Sam

I've got the closer to nature one but they don't look too different. It's 200ml of water for ours and the times are different depending on how powerful your microwave is...

< 800w = 8 minutes
850w-1000w = 6 minutes
> 1100w = 4 minutes

On the CTN sterilser the bottles go with the opening facing down (i.e. so the steam goes up inside it), and the teats go into a circular recess covered by the bottle lid.

Hope that's of some help!

Have a very close look at the steriliser. I have the same one as daftscotslass and after months of use I just noticed the other day that the lid hinge has the times it should be microwaved for, depending on microwave power, embossed on it.

Thanks you two.

After fiddling and a trial run I've decided to use it with milton as a cold water steriliser. They just didn't seem sterilised to me, though they were lol

I suppose it's what you're used to and when I was at college and on placements we always used milton, so I feel confident with it. I think I'll have enough to worry about as it is lol

kalia said:
Have a very close look at the steriliser. I have the same one as daftscotslass and after months of use I just noticed the other day that the lid hinge has the times it should be microwaved for, depending on microwave power, embossed on it.

I've never even noticed this :rotfl: .

daftscotslass said:
kalia said:

i wish my mum had , she saw me sterilse the bottles ,i put them in for 6 mins , she went 6 mins is that all i been doing them for 20 :rotfl: i did wonder where all the water had gone but didnt want to accuse her of not using enough !!! lmao

Gem & Leland said:
daftscotslass said:
kalia said:

i wish my mum had , she saw me sterilse the bottles ,i put them in for 6 mins , she went 6 mins is that all i been doing them for 20 :rotfl: i did wonder where all the water had gone but didnt want to accuse her of not using enough !!! lmao

LOL! I'm forever melting things that aren't sterilisable. Oops! :oops:

Useless steriliser :evil: Ours melted (yes MELTED!) in the microwave with correct use and correct water in. I wrote and complained to tommee tippee and they wrote back and basically called me a liar, SO i am going to post it to them to proove it!!! :rotfl: Blo*&y rubbish if you ask me!

I use the TT one as a cold water steriliser. i find it so much easier i leave my bottles, teats and dummies ect all in there and just take one out when needed and then replace the water with Milton each day. its great , oh apart from my kitchen is like a swimming pool sometimes cos of all the water everywhere!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back